3.5

A/N: Not really a Daisuke centered chapter. Rest assured this will involve plot further down.

Mr. Shinomiya had worked all 37 years at the most secure place in Japan where not even the government dared try to get anything out from here, for they too had secrets to hide.

When news broke of a gang going around breaking into places with nearly equal security measures as them, they made sure to take extra measures. Security tightened, the amount of staff which held access to the lower levels decreased and eventually a five step verification of each person who held safe boxes and vaults was necessary.

Fingerprints were taken, facial recognition was implemented, dental records, government paperwork– even going as far as taking DNA samples from higher ranking customers. Though it was never necessary to go past fingerprints and government documents.

Then, roughly 10 years ago, a VIP customer strutted through the doors.

Of course he was welcomed and immediately escorted to a private room as per usual. Things progressed rather normally and no one dared ask for them to go through the verification process.

Mr. Shinomiya, having the keen eye for the finer things, immediately halted the process and asked for verification. His boss then was absolutely furious and equally mortified at his behavior, and apologized immediately on his behalf.

Briefly excusing themselves, his boss dragged him out of the waiting room and threatened to fire him for doing such a thing.

However, Shinomiya held his ground. Stating the costumer never came around this time of year, they were always escorted with two bodyguards and to top if off, the watch they were wearing. It was an old, used watch perhaps having been poorly polished in hopes to pass it off as new.

Upon brushing him off, his boss returned to the waiting room only to find the customer gone. No one saw him leave, the cameras caught nothing and there had been no sign of tampering.

From then on VIP customers, especially them, were required to follow the verification process.

Thermal cameras were also installed.

The following week, a young man came in asking to open an account with safe boxes and vaults. The poor desk assistant was left speechless at his enthusiasm and quite appropriate as paying for the down payment for that sort of account was more than the man looked like he could afford.

Mr. Shinomiya just about turned him away, until he spotted the watch.

"Very well." He said. This must be a member of the group, he'd thought.

"What is your name, young man?" Mr. Shinomiya asked. The second this man gave him something to be suspicious about he would immediately report it to the authorities.

The young man was silent for a moment as though in thought, "Nakajima Kato."

"My name is Mr. Shinomiya," he introduced himself, "I'll be happy to take it from here."

The desk assistant looked back at him in disbelief, "But–"

"Bring me the necessary paperwork." Mr. Shinomiya smiled before gesturing Nakajima to his office, "Please follow me."

Nakajima, Mr. Shinomiya thought, was an odd young man.

"You want to pay up front?"