Fifteen

Luke falls against a bench in the park, he's nearly a mile from his house, having fled without looking back after getting out the front door. Amy hadn't opened the door after he left, at least not before he got out of the yard, and she hadn't yelled after him either. Not that he is surprised by that, he knew she wouldn't let the neighbors hear her acting that way, threatening him, being her true self...

Glancing down as a soft breeze picks up he sighs, taking in the sight of his torn and mangled t-shirt, his chest and stomach red and hot feeling under the yellow street light above him, scratches criss crossing his ribs as blood beads out of some, others already dry. Pulling the two sides of his shirt over his exposed injuries he pulls the phone from his pocket, finding Michael's contact and hitting call.

"Luke?" Michael answers on the second ring, his voice filled with worry.

"Can you come get me?" Luke is shocked by the emotion filling his own voice as he speaks, knowing Mike can hear the tears he's barely holding back.

"Ya, I have your location on, I'll be there in ten minutes, don't move. It's the park by Sam's place right?"

"Ya, I just left and ran." Luke sighs, hissing slightly as he leans forward and his torso folds in on itself, bumping the open wounds.

"Crystal, something happened, I'm going to pick up Luke." He hears Michael yell through the phone.

"I'd bring the black Tesla, just in case." Luke admits, guilt running through his veins as he does.

"Luke, What did she do to you?" Michael's voice is suddenly full of concern, knowing Luke was indicating he didn't want to get blood on the white leather in their white Tesla.

"I'll explain once you get here. Please."

"Ya, I'm coming." Michael sighs.

"Thank you." Luke relaxes slightly, grateful when Michael keeps him on the line, talking about anything and nothing to keep Luke's mind off himself and his problems until the black Tesla pulls up to the curb a few meters away from him.

Shoving his phone back in his pocket as he hangs up he keeps his hand clasped around the torn sides of his shirt, grateful for the later hour and lack of people in the park as he slips silently into the passenger seat of Michael's car. Watching from the corner of his eye as Michael looks him over, sensing the concern radiating from his best friend. He can see Michael open his mouth as if to say something before he closes it again, turning his eyes back to the windshield and pulling away from the curb. Michael doesn't attempt to start a conversation, and Luke is grateful as they drive through LA back to Michael and Crystal's house.

"Do you want to talk about it?" Michael finally asks as he turns the car off.

"I don't know." Luke sighs, trying to be honest.

"I've got some clothes you can borrow, if you want to shower or something."

"Ya, I think a shower would be good." Luke pushes out of the car first, no longer holding his shirt closed now that they are behind the privacy gate.

"I'll set them on the bed in the guest room, you head straight to the shower." Mike nods, unlocking the front door and letting Luke pass him into the house first.

"Oh my gosh!" Luke looks up to meet eyes nearly as blue as his own, worry written across Crystal's face as she assesses his appearance.

"I'll be okay." He tries to wave her off.

"Luke, you have to do something about this!" She shakes her head, stepping forward as he fingers gingerly guide the edges of his shirt fully away from his chest, "Even when it was bad before, it was never this. Not physically at least." Her voice is a whisper at this point.