Thirty-Two

"Happy Birthday, El." She jumps slightly as warm breath fans over her neck, turning her head to find Luke's face only inches from her own.

"Thanks." She blushes slightly, smiling as she turns back to what she'd been working on.

"Small change of plan for tonight, the roof of our hotel is a restaurant, so we are doing our little celebration in my hotel room, if that's okay with you?"

"That works, you're keeping it small, right?" She spins to face him, her hands falling to rest against his chest as he catches her hips.

"It will only be the two of us, just like you wanted." He nods, "Don't stress yourself out about it, it won't be over the top."

"Good. I'm actually kind of excited about it. I don't usually like my birthday being celebrated, since I hate being the center of attention, but tonight doesn't sound too bad."

"I'll make sure it's great actually. I found you a gift that I'm really excited about too."

"It's only been a couple days, how did you even have time to get me something?"

"I have my ways." He shrugs, winking at her quickly.

"It was not necessary to get me anything."

"I know, I wanted to though, so I did."

"Well thank you."

"It isn't too much, the gift or the night's plans. Even for your standards."

"Good. And one other thing, please don't let the fans sing happy birthday to me tonight. I've seen them talking about it on Twitter since Sadie made a post about it being my birthday."

"Na, they won't, but I might tonight, a solo just for you."

"That will be awkward, please do not." She laughs.

"We'll see." He shrugs, "I should go find the band, and let you get back to work, but I had to wish you a happy birthday as soon as I saw you."

"Thank you." She nods, stepping back from him slightly.

"See you tonight, birthday girl." He smiles as he walks backwards a few steps before turning to head away from her, Elodie following him with her eyes until his head of golden curls disappears around a corner.

"You are so gone for that boy." Elodie jumps hard, turning to see Peter smirking at her from where he is leaned against a post.

"Shut up." She groans, grabbing the strings she had out to restring a couple of Luke's guitars, cleaning up the mess she'd made.

"Wow, what an intelligent response that truly makes me rethink my accusation." He rolls his eyes at her, grabbing the other stack of things she'd had out.

"We're friends." She shrugs him off.

"More than actually."

"What do you know about romance anyway? You haven't had a proper girlfriend in a couple years." She throws right back.

"More recently than you have, maybe you should listen to me about this."

"Maybe you should stop giving me unsolicited advice." She sighs, heading away from him to find some food before their final prep for soundcheck.

***

Double checking the hotel room number from the text Luke had sent her, Elodie knocks quickly, waiting nervously for it to open.

"Happy Birthday, El." Luke is grinning as he answers, reaching forward to tug her into the room, making sure the door closes behind them.

"Luke!" Elodie gasps, taking in the room before turning to look at him.