Fifty-Two

Old Bo's New Foes

It's only been two days since 5 Seconds of Summer (5sos) front man Luke Hemmings was caught in a private moment with new girlfriend Elodie Stewart, confirming to speculating fans that the two are serious and not just friends. But the baffling part of the situation wasn't the fact that the two are dating, but why they were exiting the local courthouse on a seemingly random Monday morning. Hemmings fans came up with many ideas but few were even in a ballpark range of the news that dropped today.

Officially filed with the Los Angeles county courts this morning were three cases Against Amy Burgess, two filed by Elodie Stewart, and the third by Luke Robert Hemmings. Hemmings' case as well as one of Stewart's are asking for restraining orders against Burgess. The evidence in those cases is sealed currently, and will not be available for the public to access until after the assigned court date, scheduled for September 1, 2022.

The second case being brought forward by Stewart will also be taken by the same judge on the same day. Burgess is being charged with assault and battery after an incident between the pair in late July where Stewart accused Burgess of attacking her verbally and physically. No further details of the attack have been released at this time.

Public defendant, Lisa Tuttle appears to be representing both Hemmings and Stewart. This will be her first high profile client case. Our reporters have reached out to both Ms Tuttles office and Hemmings team, both declining comment on the cases moving forward. But be rest assured, we will be following the cases as they unfold.

***

"Fuck." Elodie sighs as she finishes reading through the article. If she wasn't nervous enough for tonight already, throwing their court cases to the wolves isn't going to help.

"You okay?" Peter startles her, her focus having been fully on her phone as she walks into the kitchen.

"Someone found the filings with the courts for Luke's and my cases against Amy. There's an article and I'm sure it's all over 5sos twitter and TikTok by now." She sighs.

"Didn't they get filed literally like eight hours ago?" His eyebrows raise in surprise.

"Luke's fans are scary as fuck." She nods though.

"I'm sorry, El, but you knew this could happen."

"I know, and we'll deal with it, but it just really fucking sucks. They're still debating my relationship since that got exposed on Monday, and now they get to add 'charging his ex with assault' to my resume as they decide if they're going to like me or not."

"El, they already love you." He laughs, "They have since Ireland."

"Ya, but some of them changed their minds after Monday."

"Well change them back." He shrugs as if it's the easiest request in the world.

"I think, at least for today, I'm going to try to make sure his actual friends like me." She huffs slightly, turning as a knock comes at the door.

"His friends already like you." Peter points out.

"Maybe, I'm not convinced yet." She chuckles, pulling the door open to see Luke standing on the threshold.

"Not convinced of what, pretty girl?" He asks.

"That your friends actually like me for my silent self."

"They do. Don't worry about that. You'll see tonight." Luke rolls his eyes at her.

"Ya, your friends might learn to like me, your fans on the other hand..." She sighs.