Forty

"So, Michael wants to ride back to the hotel early with us. Are you cool with that?" Luke asks Elodie as she reappears at his side, right on the hour dot.

"Sure." She shrugs, "We're going now right?"

"Yeah, I promised you an hour and I keep my promises." He nods, guiding her by the small of her back towards the gate where Michael is already waiting against the car.

"Bedtime?" Michael asks, yawning as he pulls the door open for them.

"Definitely bedtime for you. Sorry Ashton and Tommy whipped your ass at pong." Luke laughs as he climbs in the car behind Elodie, Michael climbing in behind him.

"We'll get them next time." Michael shrugs.

"They did seem to be really good tonight." Luke laughs.

"Tommy wasn't any better, but Ashton was going off. If you could cheat in pong I'd have accused him of it." Michael scoffs.

"He was sober." Elodie mumbles without thinking, "Better coordination."

"What?" Michael sits forward, looking around Luke to Elodie, whose eyes go wide as she realizes she's spoken the thought out loud.

"She has a point, Ashton drinking alcohol free beer probably gives him an advantage." Luke chuckles.

"Yes, but, did I just make the cool club?" Michael grins, "Elodie spoke to me!"

"Act like that and she won't ever do it again." Luke laughs as Elodie groans, burying her head into his bicep.

"I'm sorry, El. I was just surprised." Michael calms himself, apologizing genuinely.

"It's okay," She peeks her head out from her place against Luke, talking softly.

"You mind if I call Ashton out on his sober playing? I won't tell him you told me about it." Michael asks.

"Don't tell him I talked to you and it's all yours." She chuckles.

"Thanks, El!"

"Look at you being brave and talking to my friend." Luke pulls Elodie tightly into his chest, pressing his lips to her head, the three of them falling silent for the rest of the drive.

***

"Did you at least kind of enjoy the party?" Luke asks Elodie as they enter his hotel suite.

"Watching my brother lose spectacularly was pretty fun. And getting to see you happy, I always love that." She nods, snaking her arms around his waist, smiling up at him.

"Now I need to hold up the second half of our deal." Luke chuckles, brushing a few stray hairs behind her ear.

"And what was that exactly?"

"Thanking you privately for all you've done for me personally." He chuckles, closing the space, kissing her deeply for a long moment.

"Mmh. I think I like this thanks." She mumbles softly as he pulls back again, blinking her eyes open slowly.

"I had more in mind than one kiss." He chuckles, his breath fanning comfortably over her lips.

"Like what?" She taunts almost, a bit of mirth hiding in her big green eyes.

"Like kissing you here." He ducks his head to kiss her neck, "And sliding my hands here." His warm hands easily slip below her hoodie, gliding up her soft skin to rest against her upper back, pulling her somehow closer to him.

"Anything else?" Her voice is so soft he can barely hear her.

"I want to give you the world for what you've done for me, pretty girl, but tonight I'll settle for giving you all of me." He mumbles, leaning in to capture her lips again, only to be surprised when she pulls away from him slightly.