Thirty-Five

⚠️ TW// low ⚠️

"Okay, so anyway..." Sadie takes a deep breath, finally seeming to get to the end of her monologue. "So what's new with you, sis? Where are you right now anyway?"

"We are in Toronto." Elodie laughs, "The band has a show here tomorrow night."

"Canada? Damn, you really are getting to see the world, I'm so happy for you, El."

"This is the second time in Canada for this tour, we hit up the other coast to start this leg of the tour. It's cool though. Europe was amazing."

"I believe that, you used to talk about seeing the world someday and now you're doing it." Sadie smiles at her through the phone screen.

"It's been the best thing, Sade. It's healing to get out and see the world. It reminds me how small St. Louis is, and how my mom and Carly are just people. Each of them is only one of billions, and there are a lot of good people in the world too." El sighs.

"Your mom wasn't necessarily a bad person, she just has really bad judgment and makes the worst choices in situations..."

"I'm pretty sure that's the definition of a bad person." Elodie rolls her eyes.

"Maybe, but her heart was always trying to be in the right place, execution just sucked for her."

"That's the understatement of the century."

"Okay, new topic, what has been the best part of the tour? If you had to pick one thing." Sadie asks, Elodie's eyes lifting from the phone as the roof door clangs open, grinning as she sees Luke coming through the door.

"Hey, pretty girl." He grins back, wandering towards her.

"Okay, I guess that answers my question." Sadie speaks up, pulling Elodie's attention back to the phone.

"Are you talking to Sadie?" Luke asks as he drops to the ground beside Elodie, leaning over her shoulder to see the screen of her phone.

"Sade, this is Luke. Lu, this is my sister, Sadie." Elodie smiles, leaning her head sideways onto his shoulder.

"Nice to meet you, Sadie. El talks about you a lot." Luke offers.

"That makes one of us, I don't think I've heard enough about you for how big a grin you put on my girl's face." Sadie retorts, her eyes still on Elodie.

"I'll call you tomorrow or something, Sade. And I promise I'll answer your questions to the best of my ability." Elodie quickly responds, wanting to end the conversation before it gets awkwards.

"I hope I get to meet you in a few days, Luke. When you get to St Louis. Anyone who makes El smile like that better get my approval. I'll talk to you later, El. Love you!"

"Get to that studying you needed to do, Sade. I'll talk to you soon, love you." El laughs, ending the facetime quickly.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to interrupt." Luke leans over, pressing a kiss to Elodie's cheek as she shifts to face him better.

"Don't worry about it. She has a big paper to write, and talking to me was just helping her put that off. You did her a favor even if she doesn't see it that way. Plus, I was hoping you'd come find me up here tonight. I haven't really seen you since Chicago."

"Ya? Did you miss me?" Luke jests.

"Maybe. But I am entitled to miss you after you profess your feelings and kiss me, especially since I said okay..." She blushes as she admits it.

"Want to know a secret?" Luke leans in closer to her, "I missed you too."

Grinning, Elodie reaches up, cupping his jaw in her hands, pressing her lips to his excitedly. "If I'm being completely honest I would be lying if I tried to hide the fact that I also missed that."