ch. five

Neon Moon ;© vcnom_, hoyoverse

Neon Moon ;
© vcnom_, hoyoverse

Neon Moon ;© vcnom_, hoyoverse

ch. five - realization
"Are they really your friends? Or are they just there for fun?"

< • >

TIME CHECK 6:27 PM

You walked to class with your friend, Childe as usual. You couldn't walk with him yesterday since you overslept.

You couldn't help but smile when you remember the time the ginger threw a rock on your window when you overslept for the first time and it didn't end well.

"I mean— you know I hate him. We all hate him. So why do you keep hanging out with him?" You pouted, glancing at the ginger with a disapproving look.

Tartaglia shook his head, disagreeing. "I don't hate him, [y/n]. Well, you see, he's kinda fun to be with when you get to know him. He's your partner, right? He's worth the shot, trust me," he smiled, patting your shoulder.

Even though his word aounds convincing enough, you didn't believe him. Scaramouche? Fun to be with? Hell, no. You refuse to buy that statement!

"Ugh, whatever. We're here already," you rolled your eyes. Arguing with your ginger friend is pointless especially at times where he will defend Scaramouche. He'll end up winning because he have a point anyway.

"Hahaha, sorry, [y/n]," he suddenly started, making you raise your eyebrow in confusion. "Sorry for hanging out with Scaramouche. I'll make it up to you and the group, I promise," he smiled sweetly. The same one he used to give you when you were new in this university.

"Fine, you better live up to your promise," you chuckled, rolling your eyes afterwards just to be petty.

Tartaglia laughed at your reaction before saying, "Oh, you know me. I'll never break a promise. You make a pinkie promise, you keep it all your life. You break a pinkie promise, I throw you on the ice. The cold will kill the pinkie that—"