facts

Neon Moon ;© vcnom_, hoyoverse

Neon Moon ;
© vcnom_, hoyoverse

author's note - facts about the book!

< • >

i originally planned on making a book two, aka the sequel named, 'about you.' i figured most people (esp original neon moon enjoyers) would know this.

due to my laziness, i decided not to continue it since it was going to be angsty and i believe it will take a long time for me to finish. though, i might continue it on summer break. (to those who already know the ending please shut up!)

FACTS !

━━ 001 ; i think i said this on my discord server before but i asked people to pick 'A' or 'B' with 'A' being angst with sad ending and 'B' being angst but happy ending.

A. around chapter 32, scaramouche didn't let [y/n] speak to him. if i kept this ending, [y/n] would've moved to snezhnaya without him knowing AT ALL and [y/n] never came back.

despite this being the original and actual ending, i thought this was a stupid storyline so i made another one which is the option 'B.'

B. this is the ending i kept. where [y/n] left with scaramouche knowing and she came back on his graduation (aka the time when he got rewarded as an archon).

* if u can't tell, i'm an angst lover and i like making people suffer but i don't like it when they hate on my work so i continued plan B even though my friend kept telling me to continue the original ending.

━━ 002 ; on tartaglia's part, around chapter 25, the reader, aka [y/n] got mad at tartaglia because he had done something.

since i didn't make it clear in the story, tartaglia was the one sending [y/n]'s mother some letters and informing her about [y/n]'s personal life. thus, [y/n] felt betrayed after finding out about this.

━━ 003 ; what was [y/n]'s mother's letter?

It's been a while, [y/n].

       Childe has been informing me that you're doing well. That's good to hear. I'm glad you're doing happy now. Me and your father divorced and I wish to take you back to Snezhnaya so that I can make it up to you for my mistakes back then.

That's pretty much all the necessary details on the letter. you're up to imagine the rest :D

━━ 004 ; this book is actually inspired by me and my crush. i was a class officer and my crush was the so-called 'class clown.' i hated him because he thinks he's funny when he's actually annoying until we were paired up in english class.

━━ 005 ; dainsleif and [y/n] are supposed to be siblings but a person begged me to not make them related so they can simp for dainsleif.

━━ 006 ; if u know the song 'Neon Moon' by cas, i was actually foreshadowing from the start. listen to the lyrics closely :) "no telling how many tears i've sat here and cried, or telling how many lies that i've lied telling my poor heart you'll come back one day."

since my original plan was to make [y/n] never come back, scaramouche kept on waiting for her even though it was mentally hurting him.

━━ 007 ; dainsleif's letter.

Dear [y/n],

       I know you would think of yourself as a burden some times. Don't tell me I didn't notice. I actually enjoyed helping you. It's not out of pity, if you're wondering. Yes, I've pitied you at first but as time passes, I thought of you as my little sister.

If you can't tell, I would notice you skipping meals like dinner, breakfast, or lunch that's why I would always ask Childe to take care of you for me and for him as well.

I'll miss you. Please enjoy your time in Snezhnaya. Make the most of memories. Write me letters if ever you're free. I'll be checking up on Scaramouche for you.

Even though you're the only roommate I've had in my entire life, I can tell that if ever I got another roommate, it won't be as fun without you.

You know me, I'm not a sentimental person so I don't have much to say. But please take care there. You know who to write if ever you're dealing with some problems.

Lovingly yours,
your big brother,
Dainsleif.

━━ 008 ; out of all the books i wrote (and will be writing), neon moon is and will always be my favorite.

━━ 009 ; chapter 22 was supposed to be something like a smut chapter but i'm not a fan of drunk sex cus a person can't give proper consent when drunk. (non-consensual sex = rape)

━━ 010 ; chapter 27 was supposed to be a chapter where the reader and scaramouche hangs out with xiangling, xingqiu, and chongyun but i figured it would be so random to put them in the story.

Neon Moon ;
© vcnom_, hoyoverse

Neon Moon ;© vcnom_, hoyoverse