ch. forty

Neon Moon ;© vcnom_, hoyoverse

Neon Moon ;
© vcnom_, hoyoverse

Neon Moon ;© vcnom_, hoyoverse

ch. Forty / epilogue - Neon Moon
"That I've lied, telling my poor heart, you'll come back one day."

< • >

I woke up from a deep sleep through my alarm. It took my brain a while to process what was happening until I remembered that it was today that I'd be rewarded for my efforts.

I normally wouldn't start my day excited and would continue to act like I don't give a single shit about my surroundings, but it's different this time. I got off my bed to start my day.

I started my morning routine as any person would. After I was done in the shower, I immediately went downstairs to cook breakfast.

Except.. someone was already cooking one. "Goodmorning, Kuni!" she greeted with a smile. She seemed more energetic than usual but oh well.

"Goodmorning," I greeted back, scrunching my brows when I saw her raise her arms to put a mixture of mayonnaise and sugar on an egg.

I internally panicked, running up to her to grab the mixture of sugar and mayonnaise from her hand. "That's not how you cook eggs, mom," I sighed, running my hands through my hair.

"Really? But it's just time that I cook for you since you always cook for yourself," she spoke in a guilty and embarrassed tone. I rolled my eyes before saying, "I'll take in-charge from here. You definitely tried," I sighed, gently shoving her to the side.

Cooking breakfast for my mother, my sister, who was still asleep, would've ended as a disaster if my mom didn't give me the frying pan.

On my way to school, I used the car my mom bought for me just a year ago. I parked the car and went to the building, and I was already the center of attention. Some people just stared at me, some hesitated to approach me, and some congratulated me.