01| Trick-or-Treat

Halloween was a tacky theme for proms in October, especially when Halloween was two weeks away

Halloween was a tacky theme for proms in October, especially when Halloween was two weeks away. Many people still dressed up in their Sunday best, but with more black and orange colors than in the Halloween section at the local store. There were also costumes; slutty cat, slutty dog, wrestler, prince charming, and Goddamn Cinderella. It was either costume or suit and tie, but [M/N] was stuck with dark jeans with dirty converse with a black shirt. It had fake blood stains, but still a lot better than the others that danced in the middle of the gym. 

He watched from the wall, leaning against it as the music plays, booming from the speakers as everyone gathered. It was a well-known song, and [M/N] watched the people. He could see Ajax flirting with a few girls to dance with him but Lumine simply shoves him back, annoyed. The Kamisato twins are not too far from their little lapdog Thoma. Each in an expensive costume, knights or something, then there was Albedo dressed as a very realistic scientist as he listened to whatever Aether was saying. Surprisingly, he was in a sexy officer outfit. He was being guarded by Xiao, who was dressed in simple clothes. He got away with it but totally guarded the beta. The seniors were all in costume too, Diluc with his prince-y clothes and his brother Kaeya in a demon outfit. 

Their dates dolled up as well, Jean in a cowgirl outfit that hugged her nicely while Lisa was in some naughty witch outfit. She wasn't dressed coded yet or the teachers didn't care as they drank their sliver canteens of whiskey. [M/N] watched them all flutter around, talking and laughing as music played in the background. He too was waiting for someone but they have yet to show themselves or text. 

[M/N] clicked his phone on, lighting his face a bit, and scrolled through his apps before picking the dark green message app. He clicks the name and their passed messages load up quickly, checking the time of the last message that was sent. 

Unknown: I'm here, hurry

Right :Me

[M/N] stuffs his phone into his pocket as he slowly made his way to the bathrooms, sinking into the darkness. He passed the ones that were open, one locked due to the noises inside, and opened the lock gate. He pockets the key before walking close to the wall towards the girl's bathroom. [M/n] glanced a bit to make sure no one saw or followed him before opening the door, and entering the bathroom that smelled like bleach and flowers. [M/N] tries the lights but they flickered before everything went black.

 I'm here, where are you? :Me

Unknown: Read

[M/N] sighs before starting his phone's flashlight, it gleams against the mirror and could hear the muffled sounds of music. He waits for another few minutes before opening his phone messages as the red line on the battery was now 5%. He looked around, before checking his messages again but nothing new, but once he refreshed board. The messages were gone, the dealer gone and all the things he told him.