07| Balls Deep

So apparently it was a news report that [M/N] gotten from being back in the area, while he was getting balls deep in an old classmate of his. They didn't find the body until after [M/N] knotted Xiao, so regardless he couldn't go there and investigate. Once the rut was cooled down, [M/N] left the next day. He came upon the sight of when it happened, yellow tape all over the alleyway. Others were watching, there was no cop to scatter them away so it was a free game for whoever could be there. In a matter of days, this crime would wash away, and all the work took place. [M/N] glanced around for any evidence peeking out and a cop, once the others that gawked were gone, he slid under the yellow tape.

He had his phone ready, walked down the disgusting corridor, and stopped at the end. He could see the rest of the blood still there and darkened, and old and the scents were covered by the Police. Police tape over the direct area of the body, [M/N] takes pictures of the tape and blood when something shiny caught his eye. He glanced at the area and moved closer before seeing a dark bronze key in the pile of paper. Slowly he pulled it out and examined it, just as he heard footsteps and pockets of the key.

"Hey, you! What are you doing over here?" [M/N] turns around to see an officer and an annoyed one of them. "If you're here to be one of them Vtuber crime podcasts then you better scatter!" He said annoyed.

[Q] Lie
[Q] Hand over Key

[Q] Lie

"It's not shitty, it's educational." [M/N] sputters in fake disbelief, "You officers need people like us to bring the word out and bring jus-"

"What I need is not some privileged college brat trying to talk his way out, SCATTER!" The officer demanded as [M/N] pretended to grumble as he walked passed the officer and out of the scene. He already had what he needed and sent it to Hu Tao to gather up. He shivered a bit as he walked out of the alleyway and saw people had begun parading in bars and in groups of friends.

[M/N] sighs a bit as he checked the time and saw it was passed six so it was semi-appropriate to drink now. His eyebrows pulled as he glanced around for a less crowded bar and saw one across from him. Angel's Share, was the IT place when he was in school. Diluc's wealthy father owned it until his heart attack a few months after he left. He was honestly surprised to see it opened and not filled up just yet, [M/N] glanced around before walking into the street and onto the step of Angel's Share.

He pushed the door and smelled little to no people inside with soft music playing in the background. [M/N] entered and glanced at the slightly rustic take of the bar, their brown walls now painted a dark red with much newer tables and seats than he remembered as a teen. It looked good. [M/N] moved towards the counter as a man with brown hair looked up and smiles pleasantly. "Welcome to Angel's Share, what can I get you?"

"One Clover Club." [M/N] ordered as he pulled his wallet out and the man hummed as he began making the pink drink, [M/N] watched how careful he was as he made the sweet alcohol.

"The [M/N] I knew used to drink something stronger," A voice purred as [M/N] glanced at the man with a raised eyebrow, "Don't be so callous, I saw you drink whiskey out of the bottle, father was very upset when he found it empty the next day."

"Maybe he shouldn't have had it out, Kaeya." [M/N] replied as he slides the twenty over as the drink was placed down with a lovely cherry floating at the top. The man chuckled as he sits down, the bartender already making a drink for him. "Why are you here?"

"I own half of Angel's Share," Kaeya hummed as he fiddled with his tie a bit before pulling it down. "Papa left for me and dear old Diluc to share."

"But why are you here now?" [M/N] repeated as he sipped the bitter yet sweet liquid. 

"Got off of work and stopped by to drink," Kaeya answered simply as his eye stared at the back of [M/N]'s head. "I should be the one asking questions, why are you here?"

"Some research work from my college, but you wouldn't know."

"I wouldn't huh?" Kaeya chuckled as [M/n] still had that tongue on him, that sly mouth with a sharp comeback. It was quiet for a while but the soft music came from the speaker along with the soft sounds of the bartender cleaning the area. Kaeya sipped his drink as the bartender refills it once it was low. "Meet anyone from School?"

"A few, still seeing Albedo?"

"Haven't for a long time, last time we were together was a year after graduation." Kaeya replied, "You kind of ruined it."

"Sorry." [M/N] was not sorry, shows him right.

"We were pulling away, he had things to do and I had worked here," Kaeya said as he sipped the dark liquor. "So breaking up wasn't too far back."

"Sorry."

"You're not sorry." Kaeya sighs as he knew the "not sorry" tone the man was talking in.

"Sorry," Kaeya rolled his visible eye as [M/n] finished his drink and placed the empty glass down. "What are you working as now?" 

"Private Detective."

"What's with everyone becoming private investigators or Detectives?" [M/N] questioned, Heizou and now Kaeya. He wasn't surprised if there were others in their tiny town.

"Just some stuff that was hidden by the public and most of the people weren't happy when the Police chief did." Kaeya answers as he placed his glass down at the counter as looked over the Neon sign, "Like our father, he was murdered but the Chief at the time didn't want to leak it out for an uproar. Broke Diluc's heart as the bastard took our fathers."

"Same guy?"

"Yup-oh." [M/N] felt his pants become wet as Kaeya's hands staggered a bit before using his tie to clean up the drink. He felt Kaeya's hand and stands up with a soft sigh, "Don't worry, just...be careful going home." [M/N] said as Kaeya looked over his tie with a huff.

"You too, you're an actual civilian." Kaeya said as he orders a new glass, "See you later, [M/N].

He doesn't reply as [M/N] walked out, closing the door behind him as the street lights were on. There were crackles of laughter and muffled sounds of music coming out of a few bars, he looked around the party central of the town. [M/N] dug into his pocket and felt over his car keys, but just those. 

"...Fucking Kaeya.."