02| School Kids

College life wasn't difficult if you knew the right things and could do a trick or two to get scholarships

College life wasn't difficult if you knew the right things and could do a trick or two to get scholarships. Thankfully [M/N] did know a trick, and kept on it until the last of his High School year. He was accepted to Teyvat University without much trouble, at first was generally studious until he chose criminology as a major to maybe work with police or criminal profiler. Something cool and would make great money with the right type of employer. So far he remembered a lot of things, along with being blunt when answering questions. His mock profile cases and interviews. It went great for [M/N].

Now he was in his third semester with a working podcast that was supported by the branch at the University. Last year the Podcast was with the biology board until their main producer and talker had graduated so the Criminology branch took it over. Because of [M/N]'s grades and being almost a senior, he was able to do it. But then he had to hire a little crew and gathered most of the semi-losers and semi-outcasts in his classes or followed the scrutiny of the other student's posts.

"Is everything on?" [M/N] asked from the microphone, they had gathered enough for the case they were looking over. 

"Everything is set up, including the neon sign!" Hu Tao said brightly as she clicks the sign that turned neon red for a moment before turning it off. She cursed silently before fiddling with the plug, "Aya, looks like it still needs to be fixed. Anyway, everything is still on and ready to record."

"How about you Xingqiu?" [M/N] asked his co-star who smirks at him, "What?"

"I am fully prepared but the question is, are you prepared?" Xingqiu asked as he kept that sly smirk on his face. For a sophomore, he was pretty snarky and full of himself already. [M/N] sometimes he could fire the guy but at least he actually helps move things and gather data, even if he is lazy sometimes. 

"I am, what about you Chongyun?" [M/N] glanced at the beta who was sitting there and perked up when his name was called. He was her for his own input and [M/N] felt kind of bad for the light blue-haired omega, he seemed so attached to Xingqiu too.

"Ready to present!" He beams as [M/N] smiles a bit as he glanced at Hu Tao, she grins and starts up the recorders. The sign on the door lights up, ON AIR, was on and gleams off the blackened windows. [M/N] watched the microphone before looking at his notes.

"Welcome back to Teyvat University's own crime podcast, featuring today's case-" The sign turns off and the recording beeps to a pause causing [M/N] to snap his head towards the door as Hu Tao peeked up. 

"Dude, we were barely recording." [M/N] huffed as she walked in, in her hands was her phone.

"Dude, the department head just called," Hu Tao replied as she held it up, "He wants you over there to talk about something big or ya know...cancel this whole project together." [M/N] groans as he stands up, and yanked his book bag up. "Fine, I'll see you guys on Thursday then."