[OUTDATED] Hunting Instincts

? POV

August 15th, 06:30 PM

The weather was nice. The sun was shining bright, barely covered by a thin layer of clouds. As I got off the train that brought me here, I got out of the train station and went to a high point in town, to see how big this place was, and mostly looked at the few skyscrapers in town in awe.

- "Those skyscrapers were built only a few months ago, they fit quite well with the general look of the city, don't you think, young man ?"

As I turned to see where the voice was coming from, I saw a man smiling at me. He was probably in his late 50's and wore a brown two-piece suit. I similed back and answered to him, assuming he was just some businessman here for sightseeing.

- "Oh they sure are. I think the way these buildings stand out makes the town look very unique and yet they don't stand out in a bad way." The man looked surprised from what I just said then smiled again.

- "I didn't know young people still were interested in this nowadays, I was just trying to make small talk with someone who looked interested in those buildings." he said, followed by an awkward chuckle.

- "Well, I can't blame you for this, sir, It's true that young people nowadays are often not very, if at all, interested in buildings. Even so, I don't have an understanding of all this as deep as a construction worker, not even close. I just like to go sightseeing wherever I go, it relaxes me for a bit."

- "Oh, are you here for vacations, maybe ?" He said, looking at my small luggage. His question surprised me, but, having no reason not to, I still answered him, with a saddened look showing up on my face.

- "No, not really. I'm actually here to.. well.. pay a visit to my family. It's already been a few years since I've last had the occasion to talk to them, and for all this time, I wanted to come back here, to my roots.".

As I talked, the old man had a confused then understanding face.

- "Ooh, I see. It must be hard to be cut from your family for this long.. I sincerely hope that you will find happiness with your family, young man.".

He then looked at his watch and said that he had something to do, but that it was nice talking to me. As he took his suitcase, probably to go back to work, I asked him

- "Sorry for bothering you anymore, sir, but can I ask you something ?" He then turned tohwards me with a confused face, as I continued my sentence, "Do you know any place where I could eat something light and nice ?". He then smiled at me, and then started chuckling, before saying,

- "Oh, yes, of course. There is a place that I think you'll like. It's a patisserie called "La Soleil". There you can eat various sweets, served by cat maids.. Maybe you'll find what you're looking for there." He then showed me where it was on a map.

I was confused as to why he told me there were cat maids, and asked him, he then smiled and pointed at my cat attributes that were out. I quickly hid my tail back in my pants and put my cap back on my ears, before looking around me, and asking him,

- "Since when..?"

- "Since when you talked about your family. You were so happy talking about them you didn't even realize that." The man couldn't help but happily laugh at my reaction. "Go, I won't tell anyone about your lack of bell, young man, don't worry. Just don't get caught".

After thanking the man, I headed towards this place he told me about.

""La Soleil", huh.. Let's hope it's as good as he said." I thought to myself.