Minuit (2)

Ah, Summer. Beaches filled with people, vacations in family, and over anything else, an unbearable heat, all around the world. And Japan was no exception. On this fresh day of July, two cats could be seen in front of a popular café in the middle of Yokohama.

- "Here, I got the food, you happy now ?" A long-haired, well built cat of an average height was handing a small box containing two strawberry shortcakes to another one.

- "Very." A cat of slightly under average height, with short-brown hair was sitting in the front of a sports car, window open, smugly smiled to his friend. "By the way, I listened to the news for a bit while you were getting the food, and they're still thinking about what happened the other day." 

As you could have guessed by now, a few months after their very risky operation, Charlie and Minuit were now in Japan.

- "Really? Wow, first big operation we do in the eyes of the public and they talk about it for months. Crazy. Got anything smarter to say, Char ?" Minuit replied.

- "Yeah, yeah, whatever. Did you get the balls to tell them anything?" His friend asked, swiftly changing the topic.

- "Eh." Minuit shrugged. "There were only two girls, and I don't know them. So I just told them to tell their master that an old friend passed by."

- "Good, Good. One more question. Were they hot?"

- "Watch what you're saying, I'm almost sure they are still kittens." He glared at his friend.

- "Alright, that's where this conversation ends, I ain't touching kittens even with a stick." A cold sweat running down his head, he unlocked the doors of the car, and cleared his throat. "Anyways, jump in, the Boss wants to see you one last time before 'The Great Minuit' takes his leave."

- "Oh, shut up already. How did you even come up with such a shitty nickname?" Entering the car, 'The Great Minuit' punched his friend in the shoulder. Punch that was answered with a simple shrug and a "Dunno".

After about half an hour of driving, the pair arrived before what seemed like a very traditional Japanese home, in the middle of Tokyo, which seemed like quite the unusual place for his boss to meet him.

- ".. What's the catch?" Minuit said as he looked at the house.

- "Don't know, Don't care, Didn't ask." His friend replied.

- "Triple Ds? Like your ex?"

- "For the love of god, keep your mouth shut. I'm still not over it.."

- "Sucks to be you."

- "You wouldn't get it, Mr. Virgin-But-Not-Virgin."

- "THAT WAS AN ACCIDENT, WE WERE DRUNK."

- "Pfft. Yeah, sure, that's not what she said."

Still teasing each other, the two ended up stepping into the house, only to be met with a few dozen of cats in formal attire, all bowing their heads as they enter the house.

- "Welcome back, sirs!" They all say in unison, much to the surprise of the two friends.

- "Char, care to explain why this feels like a meet-up of a Yakuza Clan? If needed, I'm ready to do a Kiryu and get the fuck out of here." Minuit started sweating buckets. "You know I'm not good in formal stuff."

- "Chill out, dude. I got no idea what the boss is planning, but that must mean something." Laughing it off, Charlie was about to enter the only door in the room, when he got stopped by one of the cats.

- "Apologies, Sir, but I cannot let you pass. 'Only Unit 1-2 is allowed to pass the door, I need to speak to him in private'. Boss's Orders."

Charlie looked up at the mountain of muscles in front of him and sighed,  not wanting to get beaten up today. He then turned and walked away from the door, putting his hand on Minuit's shoulder, and giving him a thumbs up.