Prologue

- "Commander to Unit 1-2, we have orders for your batch."

- "Seriously? That fast?"

This evening was a day like any other all around the world. In this small cabin, seemingly in the middle of nowhere, a small electronic device was laid on a table.
Sat near it, was a young cat-humanoid, a species of genetically modified cats, that is often shortened to just short names like "cats", to make it more simple. Seemingly having been woken up by the noise from the device on the table, he blindly reached out to it, his eyes still closed, and started talking, speaking in a tired voice.

- "Aren't we supposed to be something like "the icing on the cake" or something? Like, acting when shit goes down? Didn't you just start, like 5 minutes ago?"

The voice coming out of the device went silent for a few seconds.

- "... 2, Don't tell me you've slept for the entire operation?"

- "Did I? How late is it?" The cat said, followed by a yawn.

- "It's way past ten, you ass." Another voice was heard in the cabin, coming from behind. "And keep the fucking lights on." Flicking the light switch on, the first cat, who could now be seen having long, black hair, and barely wearing any clothing, closed his freshly opened eyes.

- "MAN, MY EYES, I'M BURNING, ALRIGHT, I'M MOVING MY ASS, BUT SHUT THIS FUCKING LIGHT!"

- "Thank you, 3. Now, go to the spot we talked about, recruits from the reconnaissance squad will be waiting for you two." And so, the device shut down.

- "Ugh.. Of course we have to help those kids.. Weren't you supposed to train them since he did, well, You-Know-What, 'Nuit?" 3 sighed, being far from motivated. But 2, called 'Nuit by his friend, didn't reply, simply getting up from his chair, heading for an elevator in the back of the small cabin, looking over his shoulder, seeing '3' looking at him with an annoyed look on his face.

- "Heey, Earth to Minuit, did you become deaf in the last 30 seconds or what?"

- "Charlie." Minuit looked at '3', calling him by his actual name, Charlie, straight in the eyes. "You already know what I'm thinking of all that, don't make me waste my saliva, let's just gear up and join them." He then entered the elevator, quickly followed by a sighing Charlie.

Mere minutes later, the two joined up with a few other cats, all of them fully geared up, on the outskirts of a city, the various buildings barely lit by the town's lights.

- "Units 1-2" "1-3." They both gave their identities to their colleagues as they approached.

- "Hey.. Isn't this much of us a bit overkill for them?" Charlie said, confused.

- "That's the point. We're purely rec squad, almost no training, HQ only wants you two to go on the offensive." One of the reconnaissance squad's cats said, handing him a paper.

- "Seriously? Man, talk about "icing on the cake", we're doing all the work for them." Minuit complained, as Charlie read the paper, seemingly having regained his good mood.

- "Bunch of terrorists in the building, hostages, but, as usual, don't care about them, just a bunch of nobodies. Just watch out to not show your face, journalists around the world keep talking about that, never know if anyone could be around." Charlie read out loud, making sure Minuit heard him.

- "It would all be far easier if she was here to deal with all of them.." Minuit said, looking at the various helicopters with "PRESS" plastered on them.

- "She'd just shoot them all down, as usual." Charlie replied, giving his friend a small hit, as a way to tell him to stop with the nonsense.

- "HEY! Maybe she did, but at least it was useful."