[OUTDATED] Daily Life, Hesitation

Kashou POV

Today is August, 22nd. It's been around a week since Minuit re-appeared out of seemingly nowhere. He chose to live with Chocola, Vanilla, and me, at our home. La Soleil has been closed for a few days after he came back, so we could spend time with him after 2 years without any form of contact. We also needed a well-deserved break, after working so much the last few months, so this was the perfect occasion to do so.

He does get along well with Chocola and Vanilla, but I feel like the girls have trouble talking to him like they would with anyone else, probably because of the strange way they met him.. Seeing a fellow cat-person kill a man, then getting told he's your long lost brother you've never even once heard of must be quite the shock. Still, I'm happy Chocola and Vanilla are making an effort to spend time with Minuit.

For the time being, he sleeps in my room. Because he sleeps without any shirt, probably due to summer heat, I noticed that he has a few scars on his body. Assuming this was from the last two years, I tried to ask him what exactly he did for those two years more than once, but each time, he brushed it off, saying that he wasn't "ready to talk about all that", while looking away. I always say that I understand he doesn't want to, but even if I really do, I can't help but think he doesn't actually want to tell it to us.

Minuit POV

A week. That's how long I've been back.

Even if Kashou closed down La Soleil for 3 days, as soon as it re-opened, I started taking notes about how the girls worked, as I was going to be joining them. I'd like to say "Not that I had a choice", but I actually did, except I was pressured by Chocola and Vanilla to choose to help out.

The one way I could describe these two is.. interesting yet adorable. They may be biological twins, but probably no one can tell that at first glance, except if that person is some kind of soothsayer. While Chocola is the epitome of "happy-go-lucky", Vanilla is the opposite, very quiet and stoic. I've been getting along with these two for the last week, but I still feel like they aren't really at ease whenever they talk to me, probably because of the weird way they saw me for the first time, but I can relate, if I saw someone kill someone else in front of me, and then I'm told this person is family, I'd be intimidated, too.

Even if Kashou asked a few times if I wanted to talk about those 2 years, I kept saying that I wasn't ready yet.. And that's partially true, I just don't want Kashou and the girls to know of those years, they'll think of me as some kind of monster, and that's the opposite of what I want.

"Still, I wonder why he wants to know about it so much. Do I act weird or something ? Mh.. It would be useless to just think about how and why, better ask him myself."

August 22nd

As today was a Friday, I was, as usual, in Kashou's living room, when I decided to hop by the kitchen, wanting to ask Kashou about why he wants so much to know about those 2 years. When I entered the kitchen, I saw Kashou and Shigure in the middle of a conversation, naturally, I didn't stopped them in the middle of their conversation, before they noticed me.

- "Ah ! Minuit, perfect timing !" Kashou exclaimed after seeing me, which surprised me.

- "Mmh, need me for something ?" I said, looking at the human siblings in front of me.

- "Actually, we were talking about what you could wear while working. The lunch rush just ended, so we have all the time we want to think about it." Shigure replied to me.

- "Well... I have something that could help you." I said.

- "What do you mean ?" said Kashou, looking dumbfounded, as I looked at him like what I said was obvious.