𝟬𝟬𝟱 a taste of the past

ミ☆ chapter five; a taste of the past[ season 1, episode 5]

[ season 1, episode 5]

✭ ✭ ✭

Cobra Kai had only been shut down for a few days before Miguel had gone back to nagging the girl to visit the place. So, after school, she went with Miguel to the dojo, convinced that she was prepared for anything he could've thrown at her.

She had finally given in. A promise was a promise, and Nadia would be lying if she had said that she didn't want to finally humble the Diaz boy.

"Sensei Lawrence is a little rough, but he's actually good, I promise," Miguel informed, kicking a rock on the sidewalk.

"I just can't wrap my head around the fact that Johnny is helping someone other than himself," Nadia replied, partially joking. "This is the same guy I used to see randomly outside at 3am, drunkenly cursing out plants."

"He somehow convinced my mom to let me take lessons again, so maybe just give him a chance?"

The brunette pursed her lips. "Fine."

The two stayed in silence for a while after that, both conjuring up ways in their head to make up new conversations. Miguel beat her to it. "I never got to thank you for the dance, by the way."

"It wasn't a big deal, really," She spoke humbly. "Sam wasn't even there for most of it, so..."

Miguel shook his head. "No, not that. I mean, thank you for that, but I'm talking about when Kyler and his friends beat me up."

"Oh!" Nadia's lips curled into an 'O' shape. "Don't mention it. Us new kids gotta stick together, right?"

A smile appeared on the Diaz's face. "Right."

The conversation felt short, although it actually was pretty long, seeing as they were now standing in front of Cobra Kai. Miguel placed his hand on the metal handle, holding the door for the girl behind him.

With a nod, she entered, and seconds later she was met by the familiar blue orbs of Johnny Lawrence. He barely glanced at her before shaking his head. "No yoga till five."

"It wouldn't kill you to remember me, Johnny," She spat, crossing her arms once she was on the mat. Miguel entered as well, making Johnny raise his eyebrows.

"Of course I remember you," He scoffed. "And no shoes on the mat, Nadine."

"It's Nadia." The Hayworthe girl rolled her eyes as she pulled off her sneakers. "And I'm not here for yoga. I'm here for karate.