𝟬𝟬𝟳 a form of child labor

ミ☆ chapter seven; a form of child labor[ season 1, episode 6]

[ season 1, episode 6]

✭ ✭ ✭

Child labor.

That was what Layla Hayworthe thought of it as. Likely because of how exhausted her daughter would come home after working. Although, Nadia told her not to think of it as that.

Of course, Nadia put school first. But, whenever she could make time to train with Daniel, she would take it. Mr. LaRusso constantly told her to trust the process, and she wasn't entirely sure how long the process would take. She was tired of doing all the chores whenever she'd go to work.

She was beginning to think he was just using her to do his work. Which would be offensive to him, considering the fact he had been nothing but kind to her. Nadia just couldn't think of another reason. Weeks of training, and they were doing the same thing.

"Thanks for the blow pop, guys. Really, it never gets old," Samantha spoke sarcastically, pulling the lollipop off of her sweater. Renée looked at Nadia with a face that screamed 'yikes.'

Renée had found a way to switch periods with biology solely because she saw the Hayworthe's grade on their recent test. Nadia didn't ask any questions on how she managed to, and she wasn't sure she wanted to know either.

"Hey, everybody. Who let the pigs out?" Their science teacher joked. "I did, because I ordered the fetal pigs." He laughed at his own joke, and that was about the only giggle or chuckle that came from the room. "But seriously, get in your groups."

"This is cruelty," Renée groaned, pulling out the work they hadn't finished last class period. "These pigs deserve better. All of these animals do."

Nadia narrowed her eyebrows at her friend. "You're wearing a leather jacket."

Renée raised her eyebrows as if she didn't remember what she put on that day. She looked down at her jacket, then back up at the girl. "It's not real."

"Who wants to take Samantha in? This little piggy needs a group." Mr. Palmer said. It was silent at first, like nobody wanted to take Samantha in. Nadia would've, but she wasn't paying attention. She was more focused on the stench of the pig. It was sad.

Renée, though, she heard it. Her eyes flickered to the table behind them, spotting Miguel who looked eager to claim the LaRusso as a partner.

"We'll take her!" Miguel and Renée spoke in unison.

Renée turned back to Miguel, her eyes lowering competitively as he returned the stare. Sam's gaze alternated between the two groups, but in the end, she chose to partner up with the girls.