𝟬𝟭𝟭 another side that you don't know

ミ☆ chapter eleven; another side that you don't know[ season 1, episode 10]

[ season 1, episode 10]

✭ ✭ ✭

One thing about Nadia was that she could take her competitiveness to another level. Something thing about her was that it didn't mix well with her anger.

And unfortunately, she was feeling both today.

For one, Miguel had been ghosting her. He tried to talk to her for about two days after their argument, as well as texted and called her nonstop, but she ignored it. That's when he gave up and began to return the same treatment he was getting.

It pissed off Nadia. He should get why she'd be mad at him, but why the hell would he be mad at her?

And for two, she and Robby had to put ten times more effort into their training without the guidance of Mr. LaRusso.

She hadn't actually seen Daniel since the argument. She did, however, call Ananda and ask when she could come into work. The woman told her that it'd be best to work things out after the tournament, which Nadia fully agreed with.

Back to the present, though. Today was the day of the tournament, and both Robby and Nadia had a case of the jitters that just wouldn't go away.

They felt threatened.

All the teams had to report to the locker rooms. There was a girls one, a boys one, a neutral one where the teams could meet up as a whole. Once Nadia had changed into her gi, she met Robby in the neutral one, and once they got there, the two made an observation that every single team had multiple things that they did it.

A sensei, a customized gi, as well as more than two students.

"Staring at them isn't gonna make us win," Nadia tapped the Keene's shoulder. "It's just gonna make us feel worse."

"I think our Amazon gi's are doing that for us perfectly fine," He sighed, handing a rubber band to the girl next to him.

She took it from his hands gently, putting the band on her wrist and grabbing a fistful of his hair. "Stop complaining. Those gi's were twenty dollars each, and I don't see you in a rush to pay me back anytime soon."

Nadia couldn't see him, but he rolled his eyes at her statement, although a smile was tugging at his lips. It quickly faded when the Hayworthe tightened the hair tie. His face twisted into a scowl, "That's too tight!"

"Do you want your hair to fall free in the middle of a match?" She snapped back, still maintaining her grip on his hair. "Yeah, thought so."