𝟬𝟭𝟬 did i drive you away?

ミ☆ chapter ten; did i drive you away?[ season 1, episode 9]

[ season 1, episode 9]

✭ ✭ ✭

Miguel Diaz had been acting like a complete asshole and Nadia could not figure out why for the life of her.

Initially, she thought that maybe her eyes were deceiving her the time that she waved at him and he acted as though he didn't see her. But after hearing Sam tell her that he had been acting off, an uneasy feeling began to make her stomach churn.

She didn't want to beat around the bush and spend all day waiting for him to come around, so when the bell rang, she waited outside of the door of his current class so he couldn't escape.

Miguel came out last, which was unlike him already. Nadia shook it off and stopped in front of him so he couldn't move any further. "What's wrong with you?"

He scowled at her. "What?"

She pinched the bridge of her nose. "Why are you acting like an asshole?"

He crossed his arms defensively. "I'm not."

"Either we're both late to last period, or you fess up."

"I saw you and Sam on Saturday," He admitted, sighing. He kept his look of frustration evident on his face. "She was laughing with some other guy. He was eating dinner with her family!"

"Is that seriously why you've had this grouchy attitude all day? That's Robby, he was only there because he trains with-" She cut herself off, realizing that she was about to give herself away. But, she made a choice to finish the sentence, as now was a better time than ever. "-me. He trains with me."

The Diaz furrowed his eyebrows. "Trains for what?"

Nadia's eyes drifted away from his, feeling guilt rise up in her throat like bile. "Train for karate. It's what I've been trying to tell you. I'm...training with Mr. LaRusso."

He stayed silent, an unreadable expression on his face. Nadia's heart pounded in her chest, praying that their discussion wouldn't end in an argument. She decided that before allowing him to speak, they'd be better off having a conversation like this in a more quiet place rather than a crowded hallway.

"Hey, we have a free period, anyways. Let's just skip, okay?"

Miguel silently nodded, following her out of the building using one of the doors none of the staff ever came close to. It was sunny outside, which didn't come as a shock to either of them. The brunette instinctively shielded her eyes with her hand.