𝟬𝟬𝟲 a feminist's duties

ミ☆ chapter six; a feminist's duties[ season 1, episode 5]

[ season 1, episode 5]

✭ ✭ ✭

After Nadia's slight outburst towards Samantha, she had expected there to be slight tension the next time they met up in the class, but surprisingly, there wasn't.

Sam hadn't mentioned their last conversation and immediately dove into the work, clearly distracted by something. Nadia went along with it, knowing whatever the LaRusso had going on was none of her business.

"You know, you were right."

The Hayworthe raised an eyebrow, not bothering to look up from her paper as she continued to write. "About?"

"Kyler, Yasmine, all of them," Samantha answered with a sigh. "They're terrible people, and I feel stupid for not seeing it before."

Nadia finally placed her pencil down. She looked at the LaRusso, prepared to boast, but noticed that she looked to be on the verge of crying. Her face immediately dropped to one of concern. "Did something happen?"

"Have you noticed everybody kind of staring at us today?" Samantha inquired. Nadia looked around, taking notice of all the kids in their class that looked away once they met her disgusted gaze. Nadia looked back to Sam, nodding. "I think Kyler spread a rumor about me. Because I wouldn't, you know..."

Nadia gave her a dumbfounded blank stare, initially unsure what Sam was suggesting. Once it did click in her brain, her jaw immediately dropped. "That asshole!"

"Even though I didn't, he still told everyone that I did," Sam continued. "He also told Yasmine and Moon that I said bad stuff about them, and they dropped me, too."

"I'm so sorry, Sam," She consoled, knowing that whatever she could say to cheer her up would be nothing but words at the end of the day. "I'll kick his ass if you want."

An involuntary snort escaped her lips at the Hayworthe's words. "It's okay. The people here have short-term memories. The second something else happens, they'll forget about all of it. I guess I just needed someone to talk to about it."

"I'm also sorry if it seems like I've been kinda mean towards you," Nadia began, making Samantha look back up at her. "For what it's worth, I actually do think you're pretty cool."

"I think you're cool, too."

✭ ✭ ✭

"Did you hear what everyone's been saying about Sam?" Renée asked with genuine curiosity.

"Word spreads fast, huh?" Nadia scoffed, sending a thankful smile towards the lunch lady before turning away to find a table to sit at. "You know it's not true, right? Kyler started it because he's a touch-deprived asshat."