Chapter NINE

Cole

"Thus with a kiss, I die".

"That's bullshit!". Jamie yelled from the back of the class.

We were currently in English class reading the famous Romeo and Juliet novel.

And Jamie wasn't far off, the story line and everything was bullshit.

"Yeah, so they just died no happily ever after no babies, What the fuck". Hayes who was on our football team also at the back of the class concurred with Jamie.

"So basically a 13 year old and a 17 year old of different backgrounds, fell in love when they weren't supposed to , Romeo said some sweet words Juliet also. Juliet found out she and Romeo couldn't be together thought of a plan to play dead dead so her family will have regret and make them marry each other. Romeo thought she was dead dead and killed himself, Juliet woke up and saw Romeo was dead dead and killed herself". Jayson summarized with a dumbfounded look on his face.

"That's exactly it, just don't write it like that in an exam". Mr Rogers said .

"Like i said BULLSHIT". Jamie exclaimed making everyone erupt with laughter.

Mr Rogers rolled his eyes and leaned on his desk checking his watch, I checked my too and it's was about 5 minutes till his period was over, which means he should be leaving by now.

"Ok people PROJECT! Yayy". He chimed grabbing a booklet from his desk.

Everybody's face went cold, we just stared at him like we weren't understanding the language anymore.

"What the fuck does he mean by project?!" . I exclaimed in my brain turning to my side to see Jayson already staring blankly at me.

"What's wrong Osbourne?, you look like you've seen a ghost". He teased wiggling flashing a grin at me.

"Project!!". I whisper yelled.

"So?".

"Nevermind". I sighed sinking into my seat. It's Mr Rogers I bet the project wouldn't even be that hard.

"You're going to write a thousand words essay on Romeo and Juliet, in your own words". He stated as he walked towards the front row.

Spoke too soon

" I object!!". Jamie cried out.

"Mr Monterey please". Mr Rogers groaned.

"I still object, 1000 words do you want us to die!!". Jamie retorted this time his voice cracked.

"Shut the fuck up and listen". Ryan said smacking his head while Jamie just frowned.

"Now you guys know fully well i don't give tests because English tests are to obvious, apparently the board said i need to find a way to make up for it since it's 'compulsory' ". Mr Rogers stated rolling his eyes.

"So this project will cover about 60 percent of your assessment".

"60 percent!!!!". I yelled making everyone turn their attention to me.

"Can you guys stop yelling??". Mr Rogers groaned shaking his head.

"I'm sorry sir but you want to write an essay that's a thousand words that also covers 60 percent of our assessment in what amount of time?". I questioned .

"Yeah his right". A random girl said.

"Exactly sir when is this project even due?". Another girl asked.

"Ok think of it as this, this project covers 60 percent of your assessment that means, if you all can score about a 50 or 40 percent you will only need about a 30 percent or 25 to pass your exams". He said.

"That's, actually very smart and convenient for all of us cause since it's an essay only 800 words can give you about 40 percent with the write grammar, organization and other stuff". Jayson jeered.

"Exactly, see he gets it". Mr Rogers applauded.

"Yeah but when is the the due date?". Jamie asked.

"A month from today that should be 10th October". Mr Rogers replied.
"And to make it easier for all of you, you can pair up into groups of twos".    He finished.

Everyone let out a sigh of relief.

"Mr Rogz, Mr Rogz, Mr Rogz.....". Jamie started chanting and everybody else joined in.

"Yeah, yeah you guys just made me stay for my full period for the first time since I've been teaching here". He grumbled grabbing his bag.
  "Now i have to walk with those teachers". He shudder.

"Anyways, Miley i need the names of the people in groups at recess". He stated as he left the class.

"Well that was anticlimactic". I sighed turning to face Jayson.

"Yeah, I would take four tests to avoid this project". He stated.

"Why would yo-".

"Coleee, my partner!". Jamie cut off my sentence with a slap on my arm.

"What?".

"So here's how it's going to be". He said swinging his arm over my shoulder. "You do the writing and stuff like that while I do the research and proofreading". He chimed.

"Again, what?".

"I know right isn't it perfect". He cooed rubbing our cheeks together.

I was just about to say something when Jayson took Jamie's arm off my shoulder and pulled my chair towards him.

"Actually, Cole and I are already doing the project together so no he can't do it with you". Jayson said pulling the chair even closer.

I don't know if it was because he smelt so good, or he looked absolutely hot or the fact that i was literally inches away from his chest but it was driving me crazy, my heart was literally flying out of my chest and I was 100 percent sure my face was as red as a beetroot right now.

I saw Jamie's smile fade into a frown at Jayson's words.

"Ever since you guys made up you've been hanging out too much, Cole doesn't even have time for me anymore". He whined.

"Dude just do the project with Ryan no biggie". I said trying to look calm when my insides were swarming with butterflies.

"Yes biggie you don-". He paused.

"Ryan". He beamed.

He walked to Ryan's position shoving a bunch a girls aside and took Ryan by his arm and led him away from the area.

Jayson and I just watched in amusement as how Jamie pouted at Ryan so he could be Jamie's partner.

I forgot my compromising position with Jayson behind me and turned to face him , and boy were we close our noses kissing each other, it's a good thing the class was almost empty too.

I smirked and moved a little closer our lips inches away from each other but Jayson held my neck and gently nudged me backwards.

"You shouldn't be trying risky stunts like this in a public area". He said softly grinning.

"You were the one that pulled me close". I rolled my eyes at him.

"So your house or mine". He asked.

"To do it?". I teased wiggling my eyebrows.

"Stop flirting". He demanded now a little bit serious.

"Geez i was talking about the project you dirty mind". I pouted.

"Anyways my place, my parents haven't seen you since we made up". I replied.

"Plus it's closer to the Library".

"Alright then let's get to practice then". He got up from his chair and walked to the door.

I couldn't help checking him out, from his body build, to his, God his ass. I grinned mischievously thinking dirty oh so dirty thoughts.

"Let's go you pervert". Jayson yelled from outside the classroom.