Chapter THIRTY-SIX

Few weeks later,

"You're not doing it right". Cole groaned as he shook his head.

"....".

"No not there the other way". Cole demanded. "Do it right!".

"....". Jayson let out a sigh. "I'm doing it exactly how you told me to".

"You're not positioning it properly!".

"You're are the one who can't make up their mind on where you want the couch to be". Jayson said, glaring at the blonde who was also glaring back at him.

"You know what fuck this, I'm going to take a nap". Jayson muttered as he brushed past Cole but the blonde grabbed his wrist before he could walk further.

"Don't leave me and just go take a nap. I can't do this by myself". Cole said as a whine, standing in front of Jayson now.

"I'm sure you will be fine, since you didn't even help out". Jayson replied.

"I did too help out". Cole scoffed. "You think it's easy to stand and give someone directions and they don't listen instead they...". Cole pressed his lips in a thin line when Jayson shot him a look.

"Go on. Finish that sentence". Jayson dared the blonde.

"You know what, no. Let's just forget about the whole couch issue for now. We'll come back to it later". Cole said dismissively.

"By we you mean you actually helping me move the couch right? And not just standing there looking pretty". Jayson raised a questioning brow at his boyfriend.

Cole took a short pause before he answered. "You think I'm pretty?".

Jayson shook his head slightly before he turned and walked towards the kitchen. "You're beyond pretty babe, but that's besides the point".

Cole felt his cheeks heat up from Jayson's words before he followed the brunette.

"So what is the point?". Cole asked as he sat on a stool.

"The point is you actually helping out since we do live in this house together, instead of being a lazy brat". Jayson said causally. He took two bottles of beer from the fridge and placed them on the counter top, Jayson used a bottle opener to open the bottle before handing one over to Cole.

Cole narrowed his eyes at Jayson before he took the bottle in his hand. "Lazy is understandable but I am not a brat". Cole said with a slight frown.

"Relax I was just teasing". Jayson chuckled, his eyes flicked down to Cole's lips as the blonde took a sip from the beer and avoid eye contact.

"Asshole".

Jayson was about to say something when the sound of a phone ringing cut him off. Cole fished his phone out of his pocket and a smile spread on his face when he saw the caller ID.

"It's Claire". Cole said excitedly as he answered the call. Jayson dropped his bottle on the counter and walked towards the blonde, stopping when he stood next to Cole.

"Hey Goldie". Cole smiled at the little blonde who waved enthusiastically at the two, if she continued her hand would practically fallen off.

"Cole!, Jay! I've missed you two so much". She whined.

"We just left a few weeks ago". Jayson said making Claire frown a bit.

"Really it feels like a month. There isn't anyone for me to bother anymore". Claire let out an exaggerated sigh.

Jayson only rolled his eyes at his little sister's comment but narrowed his eyes at the screen accessing the surroundings. "Are you in my room?".

Claire's brows shot up so high it almost reached her hairline, her big brown eyes wide with panic. "No?".