Chapter THIRTY-FOUR

"Did you two breakup or something?". Jamie asked Cole who was busy skimming through the books on the table.

"Me and who?". Cole glanced up at the boy as he furrowed his brows.

"You and Santa Claus, who the fuck do you think I'm talking about". Jamie deadpanned as he nudged his head across the room. Cole followed the boy's gaze and his eyes landed on his best friend - well former best friend now.

The blonde slumped back into his seat, clenching his jaw when he saw Jayson wasn't alone, the brunette was at the far back of the library with a girl, one Cole barely recognized, then again Cole never paid attention to anyone else in his school aside his friends.

"We never dated". Cole said honestly, focusing back on the book in front of him.

"Sure". Jamie drawled out, side eyeing the blonde as if he didn't believe him.

And when Cole raised an eyebrow at Jamie the other boy merely shrugged as he plugged in his earphones.

"Can't deny you two still wanted to be together".

Cole let out a sigh before closing his book and turning to face his friend. "Let's say hypothetically I fucked up, badly. How do I make up for it?".

"Does this hypothetically have to do with Jayson?". Jamie questioned the blonde who gave a firm nod in response.

"Well it's simple really, how do you feel about him?". Jamie asked, Cole looked in the direction of where Jayson sat and back at Jamie.

"I like him....love like, him". Cole muttered feeling a bit frustrated as he played with his hands.

"You love like him? And you want to be with him right?". Jamie asked with a smug look on his face.

"Yes, maybe". Jamie frowned at the blonde's reply and pulled on his hair making the blonde hiss in pain.

"What the fuck was that for?!". Cole whisper yelled sending Jamie a nasty glare.

"Maybe leaves room for hesitation". Jamie tsked at his friend. "Yes or no idiot?".

"Yes". Cole answered, the other boy raised both eyebrows at him as to what he meant before Cole then clarified. "Yes I love him and I want to be with him".

"Aww". Jamie cooed but cleared his throat when Cole sent him a dirty look.

"Well then you should tell him that". Jamie stated.

"I don't think he wants to talk to me again". Cole gave a nervous chuckle.

"Of course he does, he's fucking whipped". Jamie let out a laugh as he playfully rolled his eyes. "Not just him from what I see".

Cole looked back at Jayson and this time the brunette was already looking at him, there was a blank expression on Jayson's face but for a brief moment Cole saw the hurt in his eyes. The two held each other's gaze for a few more seconds before Jayson looked away.

The brunette packed his books into his bag before he got up and let the library, with the girl Cole now recognized as Malia following behind him.

"Talk to him". Jamie said as he patted the boy's shoulder. "An actual talk where you express your feelings".

For the rest of his free period the blonde stayed in the library absentmindedly staring at his book. Jayson was right, he needed to get his shit together and figure out what he wants and he had. Now all he needed to do was to find a way to talk to Jayson and tell him how he felt, but the brunette was basically ignoring him now more than ever, Cole doubted walking up to him would work and meeting up wasn't an option since the blonde couldn't reach him through calls or texts.