Chapter SIXTEEN

Cole was still at Jamie's place eyes fixated on his phone, it's been two hours now and no calls or text from Jayson. The blonde was practically going crazy without as much as a word from Jayson.

"It's been two hours". Cole muttered
running his hand through his hair.

"So?". Jamie asked stuffing his face with popcorn eyes glued on the huge flat screen tv Infront of them.

"So? So! He hasn't texted me back or called". Cole yelled. "what if something happened?".

"Jesus Christ dude, you need to understand that our best friends aren't our boyfriends and they can do stuff on their own without contacting us for hours". Jamie stated.

"I know but still—"

"Cole shut the fuck up and watch the movie!". Jamie groaned throwing a handful of popcorn at Cole.

Cole frowned at his screen as he dialed Jayson's number again but it went to voicemail.

"Ok that's it, I'm going over to his place". Cole muttered getting up from the couch.

"I swear to God if you step out that door I'm never calling you over again". Jamie threatened making Cole roll his eyes.

"We both know that's not possible". The blonde headed for the door.

"You know you're acting like a paranoid boyfriend". Jamie pointed out.

"Best friend, paranoid best friend!". Cole corrected slamming the door behind him.

~~~~~~~

"What's up". Jayson asked opening the front door for Cole, the blonde eyed him up and down before he shoved Jayson aside making his way in.

"What's up?! Dude I've been calling and texting you for the past two hours, where have you been!". Cole practically yelled at Jayson throwing his arms in air out of frustration.

"Oh sorry about that, i set my phone to DND and I guess I didn't turn it off". Jayson raised his hand to pat Cole on his head but the blonde shrugged it off.

"Whatever". Cole muttered folding his arms across his chest with a scowl on his face.

Jayson moved closer to Cole resting his hand on the blonde's cheek gently stroking it. This made Cole stiffen his arms slowly falling to his sides.

"I'm sorry babe, don't be mad at me". Jayson smiled as his hand moved to Cole's head to pat it the blonde didn't make any more movements to move Jayson's hand away and sank into the feel of the brunette's touch.

"I'm not your babe". Cole mumbled barely audible for Jayson to hear moving away from him to break away from his touch.

"Hmm". Jayson hummed his hand still hanging on air missing the feel of Cole's soft hair between them, he lowered his hand to his side and walked upstairs motioning the blonde to follow him.

"So did you just come over because you were worried about me?". Jayson asked.

"W-what no I-I came over so we could continue with our project". Cole stumbled on his words facepalming himself mentally for being a stuttering mess.

"Hmm". Jayson opened the door to room and walked over his study table a pile of books still in the same other as he left them before. Cole reached for the top books which were his and picked them up, he walked over to the bean bag and sat down.

"Alright since you did most of the research work and all I'll do the writing". Jayson stated his eyes glued to his book as he spoke.

"Sure". Cole muttered.

"And seeing as how my handwriting is better than yours". Jayson snorted his eyes still on his book. "No it's not!". Cole frowned.

"Babe you draw your handwriting". Jayson pointed out.

"What's wrong with calligraphy". Cole's frown grew deeper.

"Nothing it's just people mistake your I's for T's and your O's as A's". Jayson said.

"Whatever". Cole muttered slowly becoming mad at the brunette. "Anyways, how was the date?". Cole asked trying to change the subject.

"It went better than i expected actually, Daniel's cool and hot. Jayson paused seeing as Cole's frown came back. "What's with the look?".

"Nothing". The blonde shrugged focusing on his book. "Nothing at all".

"Maybe another date wouldn't be that bad". Jayson smiled.

"You're going on a second date with him". Cole scoffed emphasizing on the him.

"Yeah , why you don't want me to?". Jayson asked a smirk playing on his lips.

"Do whatever you want, I'm going to go get a snack". Cole huffed a scowl on his face as he walked out of the room.

"Get some for me too".

~~~~~~

It has been two weeks since Jayson went on the date with Daniel after the short time they spent together the pair seemed to be getting along well, a little too well for Cole's liking. The blonde and the brunette didn't hang out as much as they used too and Cole didn't like this one bit.

Sure it was his idea for the whole date thing but as the days went by and as he saw how close Jayson and Daniel were he deeply regretted it and couldn't help but feel a small pain in his chest. Everywhere they went, everything they did, they always did it together it was always Jayson and Cole. Cole was beyond pissed and stressed, he needed a way to destress fast.

"Hey, Thomas's throwing a party tonight let's go". Jamie said to the blonde who seemed lost in his thoughts.

"Hmm". Cole hummed staring out the window, it was funny how he only noticed how beautiful the sky looks when he was away from Jayson.

"Ohhh there's going to be college students too". Jamie jeered typing aggressively on his phone.

Thomas was another member on their team who could pass for a college student, he hit puberty fast and was popular with anybody so it wasn't surprising that there would be college students at his party.

"What time is the party". Cole asked Jamie turning his attention away from the window.

"10pm". Jamie answered. "Do you want me to pick you up?".

"Yes". Cole nodded as the two friends got up and exited the classroom.

And yet another single update *sigh* my brain is literally drawing a blank, on minute i have an idea on how the next three chapters are going and then the next thing I know..... POOF GONE DESTROYED

Please bare with me (⁠ノ⁠T⁠_⁠T⁠)⁠ノ⁠ ⁠^⁠┻⁠━⁠┻