Chapter ELEVEN

Cole's thoughts have been all over the place about what happened on the roof top. He knew the brunette and himself always flirted with each other but they never took it far, they never took it this far.

The kiss, it felt like he wanted it and didn't at the same time like he was expecting it to happen but didn't want it to, his mind was in complete disarray and he could barely focus on what Jayson was saying to him which sounded like mumbles.

Ughhh why did i kiss him back. Cole screamed mentally.

This could totally ruin our friendship, are we still even friends after that stunt we pulled out, Does Jayson like me???, No that's impossible.....right?

I've heard girls kiss their best friends and it's not really a problem right?
Yeah it's perfectly ok, two best friends for 14 years made out, yup totally normal..... there's no way th-

"Dude are you even listening to me?". Jayson asked snapping his fingers in front of Cole bringing him back to reality.

"Huh?", Cole jerked. "I'm sorry what were you saying?". Cole asked totally lost at whatever they were doing.

"Oh my God, i just read three chapters to myself". Jayson facepalmed. "Great, well i see you clearly don't need to reread the book again so I'll just continue on my own". Jayson rolled his eyes turning back to the book.

"No i still need to read it i just.....". Cole cut off mid sentence pulling his chair closer to Jayson. "Why did you do that?". He questioned.

"Do what?". Jayson tilted his head to the side a little facing the blond.

"On the rooftop". Cole said.

"What happened on the rooftop?". Jayson played dumb with a little grin on his face.

"Why did you.." Cole moved even closer to the brunette that their laps were rubbing on each other.

"Kiss me". The blond whispered.

"A kiss?". Jayson said his voice going a little higher this time. Making some people turn their heads.

"Shhhh". The library lady shhhed them from her front desk, pointing to the sign next to her which read 'keep your voice as low as a whisper '.

"Sorry". The two boys said simultaneously.

"Now as I was saying 'a kiss?'. Dude we had a full on make out session". Jayson whisper yelled.

"That's exactly what I'm saying....why?". Cole groaned sinking into his chair. "I mean we flirt but we never take it this far as to kiss".

Jayson watched in awe as his best friend mumbled under his breath playing with his fingers, it made a smile appear across his face.

"Ok fine. Do you want the long answer or the short answer?". Jayson asked closing the books they were reading and moving closer to Cole.

"The one that'll make me better understand". Cole demanded crossing his arms over his chest.

Jayson took in a sharp breath and let it out. "I think I like you". He chimed

"What?". Cole replied dumbfounded.

"I have a crush on you, well I think it's a crush". Jayson muttered stroking his chin. " You see growing up with you I really liked you but as a brother I never had you know? I cared about you as my brother but.....as time passed it became more than that".

Cole blinked at the other boy still trying to contemplate what he was hearing. Jayson likes him, a crush?!

"I swear I still don't understand anything ". Cole said sitting upright this time.