S for Siblings

(Author's POV)

Zaeem returned home at night, he had already got to know about Eda's return.
reaching home the first thing he did was to call Eda to his room.

On the other side,

"boss is home and is asking your presence in his room."

a servant conveyed Zaeem's message to Eda.

Eda nodded in response.

walking with nervousness, Eda reached her brother's room. She took a deep breath, exhaling through parted lips she calmed herself down and knocked the door.

"come in"
A low taut voice was heard.

Eda turned the knob and stepped inside the room. The room was dark, only illuminated by the bed lamp.
The room was reek of smoke.

Eda's eyes fell on her brother who was sitting on a sofa near the bed, flicking the cigarette into the ashtray as the smoke rose from his mouth and merged with the surroundings.

Keeping the burning cigarette in his mouth, Taking out a new cigarette Zaeem forwarded his hand towards  Eda.

Eda took it, and placed it in her mouth, Zaeem's cigarette now resting in between his pointer and middle finger, as he lit the lighter,
Eda leaned down as the lighter in Zaeem's hand burned the edge of Eda's  Cigarette.

Eda sat down infront Zaeem.
The tension in the air unexplainable, Zaeem staring at his sister, his eyes stopping at her hands, but didn't stayed there longer.

Zaeem started the conversation ,

"right now..."

Eda gave her whole attention to Zaeem.

" I don't know if I want to hug you for being safe or slap you hard for going against my words"

He completed his sentence.

"Can I choose?"

Eda who just exhaled a long thick cloud of smoke answered her brother with meschiviousness.

Zaeem eyed his sister seriously.

"Eda, you need to stop interfering in my matters"

"these aren't your matters, these are our matters Zaeem. You may be the head of this team or the CEO  of the company but somewhere in between all of these things belongs to me too"

Eda stood up, Zaeem controlled his anger, his fingers roughly crushing the cigarette into the ashtray.
clenching and unclenching his teeth, Zaeem also stood up,

" I never said that these things doesnt belongs to you , I just asked you a single thing and that was to stay away from my matters until I ask you to interfere."

Eda stayed silent.

"but no you are Eda and you think that the you held the power to do anything and everything. So tell me Eda Ahmed Khan did you succeeded in finding a file,"

his tone low yet deep and grave.

"the answer is no because instead of file the only thing you got was chains on your hands."