The Past

" Leave me Amaar"

Eda's pleas fell on deaf ears as Amaar's rough hold tighten around her soft wrist. Eda tried to break Amaar's strong grip on her wrist. But Amaar persisted, he did not let go of her and dragged her towards an empty room.

Once reaching the room, Amaar quickly locked the door. he releases Eda's wrist, who immediately caresses her wrist as if trying to ease the pain.

Amaar's eye's races to her wrist which was now of red colour. His eyes soften seeing her pained expression. Approaching her, he lifted his hand to touch her red wrist, when Eda retreated making Amaar sigh.

"Don't you dare to touch me, Amaar"

The rigidity in Eda's voice made Amaar seeth in anger.

" Bold of you to assume this, Eda Ahmed Khan.

I dont even like the idea of seeing your pathetic face let alone touch you"

Amaar's eye's fell into a cold stare and a mocking smirk lingered on his lips as his next words made Eda still.

" After all I am not Shehryaar, whom you have implicated in the past."

Hearing this Eda felt her body numb. Her eyes stinging with unshed tears.
Her eyes down refusing to look at Amaar's accusing gaze.

"why aren't you looking at me Eda or you are still not ready to face your past. until when you are going to use your brother as a shield"

She still didn't looked up, she could not.  All the things Amaar said were piercing her heart like a needle.

Once again holding her wrist in a hurtful grip, he forced her to look at him.

" Tomorrow at 1 pm. exactly at 1 pm. I want you in my office. understood!"

gulping the rising bile down her throat, she nodded her head like a child.
He left the room with a loud thud of closing door.

Numb. too numb, that was all Eda felt. The topic about Shehryaar was too sensitive to handle. The thudding pain arose in her chest by remembering her past. It was getting difficult to breath as she furiously nodded her head in negative.

" No it wasn't my mistake. I didn't do it on purpose"

Gritting her teeth she controlled her cries because Her phone lit up with a vibration of upcoming call. She picked up the call.

"Eda where are you"
Izna spoke through the line.

"in the washroom"

"come to the meeting room."

"hmm.."

The call ended. as she entered the washroom. Her eyes red. overall she looked broken.  splashing water to her face she calmed her throbbing nerves.
.........................................

"Eda you look horrible."

Izna said

"what happened to you?"

Mirha asked the same way. Eda's eyes lowering as she lied.

"nothing, just a headache"

Again she looked up only to caught the stare of her brother. who had concerning expression.
without breaking the stare she asked her brother.

"can I-i go home?"

In return he just nodded.

"thanks"
..............................................................

Reaching home the first thing she did was laying down on her mother's lap. Her eyes closed as her mother caresses her forehead.

"Eda you're scaring me. just tell me what's bothering you child"

upon hearing her mother's voice A tear left her eyes. a painful expression coated her face.

" why my life is like this. I don't want to live mama."

Eda complained her mother like a small child. Her voice broken making noor stare at her daughter with hurt.
yet she scold her daughter, because she knew that no one was going to do it.

"you can't retreat your back towards life just because of hard times Eda. Everyone in this world suffers from hard times but not everyone give up. yes some of them loses the battle of life but some become persistent. Eda my child only those who fight their battle gets the reward. you can't be a coward who yearns for the reward without doing anything."

Eda stayed quiet hearing Noor's voice. once she stopped Eda again complained but now her voice mixing with her cries

"but they don't trust me."

Noor exhaled, placing a peck on Eda's forehead she said in an assuring manner.

"truth doesn't stays behind the covers all the time."

..................................................................
The sun rose high in the sky making the announcement of the upcoming day. While getting ready Eda's thoughts only lingered around one thing.

'i won't back down. no matter what.'

time moves fast and that's why few hours ago Eda cries her heart in her mother's lap and now her heels making sound as she entered Amaar's office. looking down at his watch Amaar grinned, long gone was the cold and grumpy Amaar as the playfulness evident on his face.

"you're five minutes earlier. I am impressed."

To which Eda replied.

"you should be"

placing her bag on the table, she was just about to sit on the chair when Amaar interrupted.

" well don't sit here Miss Eda."

confused Eda looked up. Amaar himself stood up. adjusting his coat he said.

"follow me"

Eda seethe. he can't order her like this. that's why she said through clenched jaw.

"I won't"

Hearing her reply he step forward.
playfullnes completely gone.

"you sure? because I do have other ways to make you follow me."

The long stare between them broke when Amaar went out. Eda having no option gulped and decided to follow Amaar.
Her eyes going towards the long stairs and then settling on Amaar.
He motioned her to come. he was fast enough to complete fifty four stairs with his loafers but Eda who had wore high heels was unable to climb up in fast steps. sighing she removed them. grabbing them in one hand she again started climbing and after few minutes she reached upstairs only to see a smirking Amaar standing there. reaching him she looked at him with anger.In Her original height without heels she looked at Amaar through her lashes.

" y-you purposely took the stairs. right?"

But Amaar's reply made her sensing go numb.

"oh come on Eda. this is nothing infront of the pain you gave me."
..........................

They both reached the room. Amaar opened it with the key. he pressed the first button and that's when the room illuminated with light making Eda scream in horror.

"Wh-what the hell is this Amaar?"

......................

words count: 1048