The offer

"Wh-what the hell is this Amaar?"

The hesitation in the girl's voice and her question made the man in front of her squirm in anger. His eyes were darkening, his jaw clenched so tightly that the girl was frightened. He was losing control of his anger, breathing heavy under the weight of years of pain.

Grabbing Eda's forearm, Amaar forced her to look at him. Staring deep at her tear filled eyes, he said,

"The past that you are trying so hard to erase from your life, EDA AHMED KHAN"

His voice made Eda shriek in horror.
Her trembling hands struggling to remove his hold from her arms. A sob left her mouth.

"Leave me, please leave me"

She choked, trying so hard to be free from him. from her past.

The words made Amaar burned, leaving his one hand from her arm and dragging Eda in the centre of the room with his hold on her upper arm.
Eda's eyes now closed, she refused to acknowledge her surroundings.
Her face, which had been fresh in the morning, was now stained, tears leaking from her eyes, travelling down to her cheeks.
Seeing her closed eyes Amaar's hold tighten, Eda hissed at his abusive behaviour.

"Open your eyes, Eda."

The voice was too rough, making Eda's cries louder.

"Why?
Why are yiu doing this?"

She cried harder due to The pain from his hold and the fear of surrounding.

Amaar's temper rising to a high level.

"you ask why? right? "

leaving her arm, he grabbed her jaw, forcing her to open the eyes. The eyes of the girl opened only to have the fresh tears dripping the eyes.

" look at it, Eda. look at the loss you have done. look at it and find the answers of your WHY"

Eda's eyes moving towards the front wall, making her shudder. All of it contains her pictures with Shehryaar. How happy they both looked. Moving to the next wall, her heart stopped because now the pictures on the second wall were of that night. the night she wishes to remove from her memory. The hiccups increasing by the passing minute.

" Are you still unable to find the answers? "

Not answering him, she just stared at the pictures.

Suddenly she turned around,

"No Amaar, i-i didn't. I never did anything to him. He-he was my friend. how c-could I do anything to him, think yourself Amaar."

Her voice making the man standing infront of her grit his teeth.

"you did it. you were the one who killed him. YOU KILLED HIM EDA, THE GUN WAS YOURS, THE HANDS WERE YOURS, HECK I EVEN HEARD HIS PLEADING THAT DAY EDA. HOW TF YOU CAN DENY IT"

His outburst was unexpected, Eda retreated back. Her eyes blurry as she breathed heavily.

"I didn't. you are lying."

The panic gushing to her nerves. Her vision hazy and in a single second, she fell down hard but Amaar stood rooted. he didn't help her. it was like he himself was in shock.
composing himself he rushed towards her only to see blood covering her hands. She has scratched herself to bleed.

......................................................................

Her light coloured eyes struggling to open. a minute has passed and that's when she adjusted herself to the lighting of the room.

She was confused. The surroundings felt unfamiliar. The door opened as she saw a nurse coming inside.

"how are you feeling ?"

dreadful, she wanted to say but controlled herself.

"good"

The nurse smiled in the return. removing the attached syringe from Eda's hand. she went out.

Eda inhaled deeply only to felt a sharp pain in her chest and that's when the room door again opened but this time it wasn't nurse, it was the man, she was afraid of. 'Malik Amaar Sial'.

His eyes examining her face.
He sat down at the far corner of the room. It had been three hours since she gained the conscious.

Her bandaged fingers fidgeting.

"A-maar"

Her voice hoarse due to the crying session.
Amaar looked up from the phone. his eyes also red due to the control. seeing the red lines highliting Amaar's eyes. Eda could not complete her sentence. She looked down, not daring to look at him.

fifteen minutes, just after fifteen minutes. Amaar stood up. picking a laptop from the sofa. he opened it and placed it infront of Eda.

Her confused eyes moving from his face to the laptop and her breath stopped.
The screen contained the different angles of Zaeem's photos, all of them from their hidden missions. She looked at him with horror. she knew if a single picture got leaked. All of the world will get to know about her brother being an underground mafia and the most important thing was that someone wanted her brother dead.
She looked at Amaar with accusing eyes.

"how can you do this Amaar"

Her eyes again started to get wet.

"I didn't do it Eda, but I know who did this."

Her eyes searching the truth in him.

"and believe me Eda, I can save your brother but only if I get something in return"

He said making Eda's eyes twinkle in hope.

" What? What do you want Amaar? just tell me, I will do anything"

" me? I only want a single thing but-"

"but.. what?"

"You have 2 options Eda
a) sign the contract and marry me
b) start preparing for the death of your brother"

Amaar's words echoed the room.

"No" A mere whisper left Eda's mouth

"you have next three hours.. take your time .. I'll wait for your answer Eda dear" with that he left the room leaving Eds in shock.

He cant do it. Eda cries harder.

................................................................

Marrying her? he never wanted to do it like this but he was tied by the hands of fate. He was burned under the flames of revenge of his brother . for eight years he waited for this day.he wasn't cruel, he was just a big brother, who lost his younger brother. his actions were valid. but still whenever he would think about the revenge he wanted from her, his heart ached.

Whenever he wanted to forgive her, his brother's dead face haunted him. He can't forgive her, even though his heart wants to. A part of his heart wanted to take revenge on her while the other wanted to let her go. He was forced. He can't help his parents' horrified looks. He could not help the man who was now buried under the soil.

......................................................................

words count: 1089