The Letter

(Author's POV)

Next morning:

The whole night was spent investigating every part of the situation. It had been a lie if said everyone was calm because the last 7 hours have been a great stress for them.
Their boss's tensed behaviour put a negative impact on the team.

After the meeting with Romano, they all went to their apartment only to find out two boxes right in front of the main door.

And when they opened it, an unexpected gasp escaped the girls' mouths and Zaeem's eyeball dilated with intense anger.

Because the first box contained a severed finger. Their eyes fell to the still fresh looking blood on the feminine finger in the box. By looking at the still perfectly manicured nail of the now life less flesh Mirha flinched at the inhuman act.

Eda's eyes fell to her friends who were hiding their worry with straight faces and then to her boss as he began to e untie the ribbon of the second box without any expression. She looked at his cold face and shuddered visibly. There was no emotion on his face, not even anger.  Izna placed a hand on Eda's shoulder and sighed because that's how it all works. You cannot survive in the mafia unless you learn to accept every situation without any reaction. Being in mafia wasn't fun or luxury and the mafia's itself wanted to scream at the faces of people who fantasize about being in mafia.

The boss took out a metal gun from the second box. His eyes were deeply examining the gun. Turning it upside down again and again, then opening the gun's cylinder, which was empty, he checked every part of the gun. And the last thing he did was a little confusing because he sniffed the grip of the gun and his eyes widen a little but he immediately pulled his cold face back but Again his eyes were deep  as if he was angry.

He took out a paper from the second gift box and handed it to Izna.

"Read it"

His low pitch voice echoed.

Izna started to read the paper loudly and with each passing second the tension in the room grew.
The paper also had the blood stains sending shiver down to Izna's spine. Her voice trembling and getting low. Her heart pounded as she tried to reach every thought of whose blood on the paper was.

Every line Izna read made the people around her realized the unprofessionalism and the way to talk in the letter was undeniable

"That fucking idiot"

Zaeem hissed at Saad for this stupidity.

.........................
The continuous ringing of phone disturbed his sleep as he stirred uncomfortably. The light from his phone illuminating the dark room.
The buzzing of the device continued for a minute but the owner of the device refused to attend the call and then the phone turned off.

A few minutes passed and the ringing again started. Amaar groaned in his half sleep state and pulled the comforter away from his body letting the cold touch him. He sighed seeing the illuminated name on the screen and pressed the green button, putting the phone on his ear, he once again laid on the bed with his one arm under his head and the other one holding the phone beside his ear.
He was just about to speak profanities  on Zaeem for calling him at this time of night but stopped after hearing the panicked voice of Zaeem.

"Amaar.."

Zaeem spoke on the other side of the phone.

"yes?"

Amaar was confused.

"Saad.. he..Amaar, S-saad"

The voice cutted in between putting Amaar in more suspence.

" speak clearly Zaeem, What the fuck about Saad"

Amaar was getting impatient.

"Is the d-deal about saving eachother even if we are not together still valid"

This time Zaeem spoke with a hint of hurt in his voice and the other line went silent.
Both of their breaths were visibly heard on the phone.

"Zaeem you are scaring me! Tell me what has happened."

Amaar cut the disappearing silence with desperate voice to know what the actual matter was.

"lets meet"

Zaeem's reply was short.

"okay"

............................

All of them left The New York city.
After Arriving Pakistan the first thing they all did was investigating about the intruder.

Amaar and his all team was also there.
Amaar helping them and their boss's sudden decision of helping Saad was confusing for Izna and Mirha as both of them were unknown to the past history all three mafias shared.

The long table in the conference filled with people.

They all were their most trustworthy men.

Amaar's specs on his nose giving him a serious look.
He felt the long heated stare of Eda, At first he tried to ignore it but in the end his own eyes caught her stare with a hint of a tease.
Eda's cheeks became a shade deeper than red.
Zaeem's loud voice echoing the room as he explained the whole plan to them. They were gathered in that room just to find the solution of Saad's disappearance.

Yes, Saad has been missing since he last met Amaar. Zaeem called Saad before calling Amaar but Saad's number was out of reach and when they reached Pakistan Saad absence was cleared.

Everyone was in to the conversation when The ping of the phone cut off everyone . Opening her phone she saw a message from Amaar.

"Eda dear, If you look at me like that, I'm afraid I'll get an evil eye. It will be better if you look at me and recite Masha Allah."

  Eda was going to give Amaar a dreadful stare when she felt gazes on herself, she got embarrassed, quickly closing her phone, she placed the device on her lap hiding it from everyone's eyes.

" Sorry to say but using phone during meeting hours is extremely unprofessional Miss Eda"

Amaar said eyeing the Girl sitting right infront of him. a small smirk evident on his face. Eda gritted her teeth as her eyes turned red with anger. Her voice came out pressed due to her clenched jaw.

"I Apologise"

Zaeem cleared his throat to continue the meeting.

The meeting continued for next half an hour before everyone left the room to have lunch and that's when Amaar caught Eda's arm dragging her towards an empty room.

.............
words count: 1061