The party

(Zaeem's POV)

Time really flies fast,

few days ago the collaboration was announced and now,

I was standing infront of  the mirror getting ready for the party.

I stared at my reflection on the silver glass, My eyes were red giving a hint of restless nights of mine.

In these last days sleep was forbidden to me, Every night was drenched in Long talks with myself, about how things should have been but couldn't be, about finding solution to my unanswered questions, untangling my tangled mind, about reasons of my troubled heart, Finding an ounce of peace and light in this dark space.

an uneasiness settled inside my heart,
My mind was still in haze and I wasn't ready to face all of these things.

Exhaling heavily I gave my collar a final tug.

Cascading down I saw a woman sitting on the couch. That woman felt different yet so familiar. She was so similar to Eda except her eyes, her eyes were dark while on the other hand Eda got the eyes of our father, light and bright. Catching on to my presence the woman stood up.

"Assalamualaikum Zaeem!"

Her simple words of Salam rang in my ears like a bell and I nodded in response.

There was an awkward silence in the lounge. Gladly the long strikes of heel broke it.

"MAMA!"

   And I knew it was Eda.
The way Eda ran into her mother's arms in this way stirred deep emotions of mine. An unconscious wish arose in me and I started thinking about my own mother.

'Would she have hugged me like that or showered me with unconditional love?'

these were the unanswered questions inside my brain. I turned my eyes away from the mother-daughter scene.

Moving outside of house, I opened the  box of cigarette, putting one of them in my mouth.
and that's when my eyes caught the silhouette of Mirha who was standing near her bike.

My breath hitched as I absorbed her appearance from head to toe. Her slender body was completely wrapped in an ankle length dress. Her hair flat and straight falling down reaching her lower back. Her face felt ethereal and lastly I saw her twin moles on the upper left side of her lips, which were completely illuminating under the dull lighting.
Her dark Maroon dress highlighting her tan skin.

I always had a special attraction to her moles.

Clearing my thoughts I  fake coughed to grab her attention.

raising my eyebrows I questioned her with my eyes.

(Author's POV)

Zaeem questioned Mirha with his eyes.

feeling Zaeem's heated stare, Mirha felt timid. The way he gazed her from head to toe makes her heart skipped two beats.

slightly shooking her head, Mirha turned her heels and headed inside. Zaeem's eyes were glued to her retreating back.

...................................................

Everyone were ready and now sitting in their respective vehicles except for one person and that was Mirha.

Why? Because she had motion sickness and that was the reason she had learned to ride a bike, but now it was difficult to even sit on a bike in that heavy long dress.
Angry as she hits her heel on the floor, her friends trick her by saying they won't let her sit in the car and that they're afraid she'll throw up.