Chapter One - In my Lamp

~Elliot~

As I finished the last page of the book, I closed it and tossed it over my head without a care before reaching and grabbing the next book off the small table in front of me. Unfortunately I already knew what happened in each and every one of these books, but have no way to get any more and I don't really have anything better to do all day. Pretty much all I have to keep me from going insane is my few hundred or so books and a bunch of board games that I grabbed before my last master used her last wish. 

Although that was over a hundred years ago...I think...Okay I'm not really sure as I kind of can't see outside of my lamp and I can't exactly leave. Trust me if I could I would be at a...park...or something...I don't know. 

If you haven't figured it out yet. I'm a genie. You know all powerful, can't leave my lamp unless I have a master and they let me, each master gets three wishes before I am sent back into this stupid lamp and have to wait until I get another. And just to clarify some thing...

Unlike what some people think, we aren't asleep while we are in here, nor are we cramped in here. We do sleep, when we are tired, and we shrink down. Also our lamp is like a whole house/manor so there is A LOT of room. We also can make our house/manor has an unlimited ammount of rooms so let's say I wanted a indoor garden, which I already have...but anyway, I could just create a new door and walla.

We don't get to choose how many wishes our masters get and we can't give them more. The only way they could get more than three wishes is if they wish us free, which makes it so we never have to return to our lamps and can do whatever we want. They also can't keep our lamp to try and become our masters again, once we are sucked back into our lamps it is transported somewhere else on the planet where we may have to wait hundreds of years until we are found and get a new master. 

Unlike what some people think we do have some wish rules that we have to go by. We can't grant wishes like, bringing someone back from the dead, making someone fall in love with another person or making them fall out of love with another person. We also can't grant wishes that are wished out of anger or depression. Like wishing to kill someone or themselves. It can't be done so don't even bother asking for that, it's not going to happen. 

I think that is everything we need to know about genies...If I think of anything else I'll tell you.

Anyway back to me reading...what was it? Oh yes Romeo and Juliet...which isn't what I call good, but it is something to pass the time until I get a new master. I was about two pages in, when I felt weird. I looked down at my hands and saw them turning to smoke. Time to meet my new master. I thought as I was sucked out of the lamp. 

(That's him on the side) ------>

Newly edited!