Chapter Four - Back in my Lamp

~Elliot~

I looked down at my baggy shirt that Mas...er Edward had me change into. I've never seen clothes like these before. It makes me wonder how much time has passed since I've had a master. 

I already like Edward. I mean I've only ever had one other master who didn't want me to call them Master. Hell many of them didn't even tell me their name. I guess me calling them Master made them feel superior to me. Are they the ones who have pretty much unlimited power?

Okay neither do I because as soon as a genie gets their first master, half of our power is locked away. One reason why my skin color is tan instead of it's actual color, which is so light purple it's almost white. The color of our skin is not only the same color as our smoke, but the lighter it is the more powerful the genie is. The only two colors a genie's smoke/skin can be is blue or purple. Dark purple being more powerful than even the lightest blue. So HA!

Anyway, I continued to stare at my new clothes, which I really liked, I didn't even realize how much time had passed until I heard my grandfather clock chime. I have multiple grandfather clocks all over my house so I can at least tell what time it is. I would use it to tell how much time had passed, but have you ever tried to tell how many years have passed with a clock? It very hard to do that and after about ten years I lost track so I just stopped doing that. Also the clocks change whenever my lamp it taken to another time zone, so that makes it even harder to tell how much time has passed!

But back to the point, it was about noon now and I'm pretty sure I had returned to my lamp when Edward asked me to around eleven-thirty. Wow I was staring at my clothes for a LONG time. That time wouldn't really have been noticeable to me if right as the clock chimed my body didn't turn to smoke indicating Edward was summoning me again. 

I was sucked out of my lamp through my awesome light purple tornado and as it dissipated, I noticed that I wasn't alone with Edward. There was a short...uh pixie like...girl standing next to him. If I didn't realize she was a vampire like Edward, I would've thought she was in fact a pixie or faerie. As I have met many of them before. Hell I even had a master who was a faerie. Those two years with her were A LOT of fun. 

"Alice this is Elliot, Elliot this is my sister Alice." Edward said breaking the silence and Alice all of a sudden tackled me squealing. I'm surprised she didn't break my eardrum when she did that.