Chapter Six - He's mine...I mean

~Edward~

"Um...hi...?" Elliot asked as he tried to push her off, but she had an iron grip on him and wouldn't let him up. "Could you please get off me?" He asked, but she was far too busy listing off questions to pay him any attention.

"...you're really a genie? How long have you been a genie? Were you born a genie? Does Edward really only get three wishes? Can he ask for more wishes? Oh! Are there more genies? Or are you the only one?..." As the questions poured from Alice's mouth, Elliot looked passed her head and over at me with pleading eyes. I almost laughed when he mouthed 'help me.' 

"If you get off me...I'll answer all your questions?" He said as more of question than anything else. Alice, luckily, had finally stopped asking questions long enough to hear him and got up off him so he could get up from the ground. Took long enough if you ask me. Elliot walked over to sit down next to me while Alice bounced over to a near by chair and stared at him, but before she could start shooting off questions again, Elliot started answering them. "Yes, I am really a genie. I've been a genie for over six thousand years, most of those years were spent inside my lamp though. I was in fact born as a genie, although it wasn't until I was eighteen that I was first trapped inside my lamp..."

"What do you mean trapped inside it?" Alice asked, voicing the question I was going to ask him. 

"When a genie is turned eighteen, they get these..." He said pointing to a gold wrist band that was on his left wrist and then to the gold arm band around his upper right arm after moving the sleeve to his shirt. "When we get these our skin color changes from its actual color, which is the same color as our smoke - so mine is light purple - and we are trapped inside our lamp awaiting for our first master. Which for me I think took about two thousand or so years."

"What about your mother and father?"

"Well my father was human while my mother was a genie, which is how most genies' parents are as there aren't many male genies."

"What do you mean?" 

"Well there are about a billion genies, although on average only two to three hundred are ever out of their lamps, every genie knows when another has been born, and only about a hundred to two hundred of them are male. Male genies are extremely rare."

"How come?"

"I don't know...we just...are." He said shrugging. "Anyway, yes Edward only has threes wishes and just like most people believe he can't wish for more wishes."

"What all can you do?" Alice asked as I started to get annoyed with Alice taking up all his attention. I mean he is MY genie, not hers. This jealousy I was feeling only seemed to elevate quickly as Elliot started showing Alice his powers and was paying me no attention. 

Why is he only paying attention to Alice? He should be paying attention to me. I mean he is mine...I mean...I thought and finally realized why I was saying. Even if it wasn't out loud. He isn't mine. He probably isn't even gay and I mean since when am I? Well he does seem to be my blood singer, but I always thought Bella was...I thought and was only succeeding in confusing myself. 

"Hey, Eddie, what's that?" Elliot asked shocking me from my thoughts as he pointed at the TV. 

"Eddie?" I asked not really noticing what he had asked beyond that. 

"Am I not allowed to call you that?" He asked sadly as he looked down at his feet as he bite his lip, looking so adorable when doing that. 

"That's fine." I said not wishing to see him sad and ignored Alice's surprised expression when I said that. "Anyway, what did you ask?"

"What is that?" He asked again as he pointed at the TV. Again. 

"It's a TV."

"What does it do?"

"Wait you don't know what a TV does?" Alice asked looking at him confused. 

"It's been over a hundred years since I was outside of my lamp...So what does it do?"

"Come here so I can show you." I said patting the couch next to me and smiled when he bound over and jumped onto the couch, bouncing a few times and looked at me eagerly.