Chapter Eight - She's a bit...hyper

~Elliot~

"Oh my god! Oh my god! Oh my god! Oh my god!" She chanted over and over as she held onto me and prevented me from getting back to my feet. 

"Um...hi...?" I asked as I tried to push her off, but she had an iron grip on me and wouldn't let me up. One way I knew she wasn't a pixie, or faerie, because they weren't nearly this strong. "Could you please get off me?" I asked, but she was far too busy listing off questions to pay me any attention.

"...you're really a genie? How long have you been a genie? Were you born a genie? Does Edward really only get three wishes? Can he ask for more wishes? Oh! Are there more genies? Or are you the only one?..." As the questions poured from Alice's mouth, I looked passed her head and over at Edward with pleading eyes. I'm pretty sure he almost laughed when I mouthed 'help me.' 

"If you get off me...I'll answer all your questions?" I said, stating it as more of question than anything else. Alice, luckily, had finally stopped asking questions long enough to hear me and finally got up off me so I could get up from the ground. I walked over to sit down next to Edward while Alice bounced over to a near by chair and stared at me, kind of creeping me out, but before she could start shooting off questions again, I started answering them. "Yes, I am really a genie. I've been a genie for over six thousand years, most of those years were spent inside my lamp though. I was in fact born as a genie, although it wasn't until I was eighteen that I was first trapped inside my lamp..."

"What do you mean trapped inside it?" Alice asked staring at me confused.

"When a genie is turned eighteen, they get these..." I said pointing to a gold wrist band that was on my left wrist and then to the gold arm band around my upper right arm after moving the sleeve to my shirt. The band on my wrist was only about two inches long, but it went down in a bit of a point on the top of my hand, while the arm band was about four inches long. "When we get these our skin color changes from its actual color, which is the same color as our smoke - so mine is light purple - and we are trapped inside our lamp awaiting for our first master. Which for me I think took about two thousand or so years."

"What about your mother and father?"

"Well my father was human while my mother was a genie, which is how most genies' parents are as there aren't many male genies." My mother was a free genie, but that wasn't until AFTER I was born which made it so I wasn't free as well. If a genie is free and then has a child, their child is also free, but if they are still a 'captured' genie their child will be as well. It sucks, but that's just the way it is. If you wondering why I didn't tell them that, well I doubt I'll be set free so for the last five masters or so I simply stopped telling them they could set me free. It's not going to happen...so why bother?

"What do you mean?" 

"Well there are about a billion genies, although on average only two to three hundred are ever out of their lamps, every genie knows when another has been born, and only about a hundred to two hundred of them are male. Male genies are extremely rare."

"How come?"

"I don't know...we just...are." I said shrugging. I really didn't know why male genies were so rare, just that when one is born they are always attracted to men and we can get pregnant. Male genies are also more powerful than female genies and we tend to have the lighter skin tones. Plus most are usually purple as purple skin color means you are more powerful than ones who have blue. I've only really ever seen one male genie who had blue skin. But even his skin color was almost purple. "Anyway, yes Edward only has threes wishes and just like most people believe he can't wish for more wishes."

"What all can you do?" Alice asked and I smiled happy to show her my powers. I really didn't do much. Mainly just hovered with my purple smoke below me, keeping me up in the air. That was one of my favorite things to do and I usually did that when meditating. I also showed her a few random tricks. All the while not realizing that I was kind of ignoring Edward. 

"Hey, Eddie, what's that?" I asked pointing at this weird, flat, black box thing. It was shiny and also kind of reflective. I've never once seen anything like it before, so I'm guessing it was some sort of new invention or something. 

"Eddie?" He asked. 

"Am I not allowed to call you that?" I asked sadly as I looked down at my feet as I bite my lip, a little nervous and sad that he might be mad at me for calling him that. 

"That's fine." He said and I smiled brightly at him, happy that my master wasn't angry with me. "Anyway, what did you ask?"

"What is that?" I asked again as I pointed at the box thingy. 

"It's a TV."

"What does it do?"

"Wait you don't know what a TV does?" Alice asked looking at him confused. 

"It's been over a hundred years since I was outside of my lamp...So what does it do?"

"Come here so I can show you." Eddie said patting the couch next to him and I noticed he smiled was I bound over to the couch and jumped onto the seat beside him, bouncing a few times and looked at him eager to learn what it was.