Helping on Thin Ice

As we worked, Kiyoshi had went to dispose of the refuse that had built up. Despite the fact he forgot one, Gakuto had gotten reprimanded and of course beaten for it.

"What do you mean you forgot to load the refuse into the cart?" Meiko asked, digging her heel into his cheek.

"My apologies!" Gakuto croaked.

Kiyoshi ran over with the wagon.

"I'm sorry! I'll dispose of it right away!" He apologized.

"Kiyoshi-dono!" Gakuto groaned, reaching for the refuse but Meiko kicked him in his ass.

"No, you go!" She enforced.

A laugh almost escaped my lips but I continued to watch. Once Gakuto was dismissed to dispose of the refuse, I took Kiyoshi to the side to talk.

"How's the hole?" I asked.

"With each three minutes I have to dispose of the trash, it should be big enough for me to fit through by Saturday." Kiyoshi said.

"Wonderful. I've already worked some of my magic on Meiko, she's a very...very tough cookie." I laughed.

"Does she beat you that badly?" Kiyoshi asked.

"Oh no, she's just playing hard to get is all. She'll be a flustered mess by the time I'm done with her, don't worry." I winked and gave Kiyoshi a thumbs up.

"You're so cool Chisaki-Kun!" Kiyoshi's eyes sparkled.

"Okay, don't become a fan girl too." I spoke.

Kiyoshi only laughed as we resumed our work.
~

At the dinner table, Gakuto was the only one who seemed out of it, his food was completely untouched.

Kiyoshi looked over at Gakuto.

"Gakuto, sorry about earlier. You got yelled at because of me..." Kiyoshi apologized.

Gakuto only stared into the abyss.

"Gakuto? Are you okay?" Kiyoshi asked.

"Huh? Yes...I am splendid. I've grown inured to it." Gakuto spoke.

"Okay, sort of weird." I mumbled.

"It was my fault; take one of my nuggets." Kiyoshi said and placed a nugget on Gakuto's tray.

"Oh, much obliged." Gakuto said.

Kiyoshi looked at him, with an unsure look on his face.

"Alright well! I'm stuffed! Here, you guys can have at the rest of my food." I said and stood up and stretched.

"I'm gonna go shower." I said as I made my way to the shower room, on the way there I noticed Meiko.

"Oh perfect timing, you mind getting some towels?" I asked.

"Who the hell do you think you are to order me around?" Meiko asked.

"Well, unless you wouldn't mind my naked and wet body roaming around and scarring you for life, I would think you'd be more than willing to get more towels. I'll be waiting in the showers, thanks." I winked and went on my way.

Meiko let out a frustrated groan and I heard her heels clicking off in the opposite direction.

Going into the showers, I stripped myself of clothing and walked into the door that separated the showers from the lockers.

Turning on the water, I sighed as the water came out hot and steamy. My hair stuck to my forehead as the water ran over it. I pressed my hand against the wall, grabbing the soap and a sponge and rubbing them together to form a lather.