chapter 4

──────────────────✧・゚: *✧・゚:*──────────────────

──────────────────
✧・゚: *✧・゚:*
──────────────────

575 BC
BABYLON

your eyes fluttered open and you looked around at the unfamiliar black and gold marble room.
a white bed beneath you and a figure sitting on the bed.

it was the familiar raven haired boy that had so desperately wanted to talk to you for centuries.

"you're awake" he said as he stood up. you felt an empty presence in your hand as he pulled his hand from yours. but you grabbed his hand and had him sit down.

you felt a sharp pain come to your whole body. you grimaced.

"you okay?" he asked with deep concern and you nodded. but grimaced again. "i'll go get ajak" druig said as he stood up.

"no" the words escaped your mouth. druig froze on spot. he had never heard your voice ever. he didn't know how to respond. you tugged on his hand.

"no?" he asked with a tilted head.

"im fine" you said. he nodded. his heart started beating a little faster as your truly angelic voice soothed his ears. something he had been dying to hear for centuries.

"you talk?" he smirked. you smiled. this was also a first. he had never seen you smile.

"don't get used to it" you said as you brought your other hand up to hold his hand.

druig felt calm. content.

he had never felt like this before. something about you comforted him. and oddly enough you felt the same.

"can you stay, please?" you asked in a whisper. he nodded and you moved over in the bed so he could lay down. who knows how long it's been since he slept.

druig made himself comfortable next to you and rested his head on yours. you turned to your side and hugged his arm as you snuggled your head into his neck.

druig felt a warm feeling of joy. a very rare one too.
he was so mean to everyone, but he couldn't bring himself to be mean to her.
he just couldn't.

druig almost immediately fell asleep at the feeling of her snuggling into his side.

this was exactly what she was talking about. the second she talks to him her guard will go down. and she'll allow herself to crumble.
she's weak.

she doesn't have the strength or will to block him out forever.

he made her weak.

she closed her eyes and fell back into a sleep as the sound of his soft breathing.

however it wasn't long until phastos walked into the room and saw you cuddling into druigs side. he silently squealed before walking back out to the lab.