chapter 9

──────────────────✧・゚: *✧・゚:*──────────────────

──────────────────
✧・゚: *✧・゚:*
──────────────────

576 AD
GUPTA EMPIRE

you sat with your knees tucked to your chest as you watched the moon glisten against the water. sighing in contentment that was short lived.

a rustle in the bushes and a twig snapping had caused you to spring up. conjuring fire to spread around your hands, ready to throw.

"woah, it's just me, darling" druigs calming voice approached you. he lowered your arms gently and you sighed.

"im sorry. i'm just nervous with all the deviant attacks lately" you said. recently, you were ambushed on a walk by yourself. you were badly injured and even ajak had trouble recovering you.

ever since then, druig has kept a particularly close eye on you. following you everywhere.
you didn't mind.

there was once a time where you'd spend your free time isolating from socialism.

now, you'd rather spend it with druig.

it wasn't difficult for him to find you.
usually you'd be hanging out in a tree. or, he'd simply have to look in the sky to see the rainbow that shone so brightly.

some would say at the end of the rainbow is a pot of gold.
but druig would say it was just his precious girlfriend. who he was so unbelievably in love with.

but really, y/n, a pot o' gold, what's the difference? both a treasure in his eyes. one more valuable then the other. of course, y/n was more valuable.

he had learned to truly love every single flaw of hers. so really, to him, there was no flaws.
but he also loved her for her habits.

he loved the way she'd change the weather depending on her mood.

he loved the way she'd create flowers for herself whenever she was sad.

he especially loved the way she snuck up on him to scare him often. and, well, he knew she was sneaking up, he could hear her mind, it was very loud. but he acted scared every single time just to see her satisfied grin. and also to hear her millions of apologies and kisses.
it was the cutest thing about her.

he loved the way she'd fall asleep on his bed after a battle, having her energy drained.

he loved when she'd hug his arm or hand when no one was around. not hold hands or hug him, but rather hug his whole arm or his hand hugged against her chest. or his hand being used as a pillow for her to rest her head.

he loved her passion for nature and animals.
the way she looked after the earth so much was truly astonishing;

if the flowers browned. she'd make them flourish.

if the grass shriveled, she'd make it vibrant and green.

if the trees lost their leaves, she'd grown 2x more.

she was a simple being. it didn't take much to impress her or put a smile on her face.

thousands of years ago, druig saw y/n as a quiet, cold person. but now, he sees her as this joyful, warm soul. who was just too pure for this world.

however she's not to be reasoned with, don't make that mistake. one time he tried to take her bowl of rice and in return he lost his eyebrows.
and in case you're wondering, yes she burned them off.

druig learned every small habit and mannerism of hers.
the way her dimples crinkled when she smiled.
the way her arms swung when she walked.
the way her legs elegantly dangled when she would fly. to be specific, her right leg was always bent while her left leg stayed straight.

the way she yawned.

the way her nose scrunched up every time she's smile.

every small detail he noticed.

and whenever y/n was mad at druig, he'd simply hide her special bowl she'd eat from and she'd come to him for help looking for it. later followed by lots lot kisses and apologies.

she still doesn't know that he hides her bowl.

all these thoughts rushed through druigs head as he looked at the girl sat beside him.
her hand wrapped around his arm. resting on the inside of his bicep as she sat closely.
her chin resting on his bare shoulder from the sleeveless shirt he wore.
her hand traveled up and down the inside of his bicep as her lips placed soft kisses on his shoulder.

this is the girl he loved so dearly.

the girl he'd die for or kill to protect.

he'd doing anything for her.

"druig, promise you'll never leave me" she turned to him. he'd had made this promise many times and each time it would break his heart that she needed the reassurance, but never ever did he hesitate to let her know that he's never leaving.

what neither of them knew is that one day, he'd break the one promise he ever made to her.
and it would completely shatter her.