chapter 8

──────────────────✧・゚: *✧・゚:*──────────────────

──────────────────
✧・゚: *✧・゚:*
──────────────────

450 AD
GUPTA EMPIRE

the eternals were all gathered in phastos' lab. deep in conversation about the most recent deviant attack, of exactly 4 hours ago.

"and then, makkari went all speedy and was like bam bam! and y/n was all roasty toasty with her little fire balls! and kingo was going doof doof!" phastos excitedly recreated the fight. a chuckle escaping your lips as he tried to look badass.

"did anyone see the way y/n and ikaris flew around in sync while fighting? so epic!" sprite said as she jumped up and down.

it was cute how they find such entertainment out of the fights. they never realised truly how lucky they were to not have to come face to face with a deviant.
they also never get to experience how satisfying it is to send those deviants straight to hell.

"y/n, what's that, signature fire spit thing you do. the thing where you like, you grab the deviants mouth and then-" kingo tried to recreate the thing you do when you spit fire down a deviants throat.

you leaned over to druig and whispered something in his ear. the whole room going quiet in hopes to hear a little whisper.

"she said she has no idea what you're talking about" druig said with a smug smirk. you let out a small laugh at their reaction from your teasing. obviously you knew exactly what they were talking about. but you decided to play games with them.

"oh come on, you have to know what we are talking about. it is so cool" sprite said. you shrugged with a smile and everyone groaned at your games.

"okay, okay fine, i know what you're talking about" you said. everyone's face froze. their eyes widening and their mouths making an 'O' shape.

"did she just?"

"i think she just-"

"oh my goodness"

the room erupted into excitement. it was as if they just received the best news ever.
a smile tugged at your lips at everyone's happiness.

druig nudged you a little. "i'm proud of you, my darling" he said as he kissed your temple. luckily everyone was too busy in shock to notice the sneaky kiss.

you overcame something you were reluctant to for many thousands of years.
speaking in front of people.

but your familys reaction was worth it.

it may not change much but at least you could talk to them now, and at least they had heard your voice at least once.

ikaris, druig, and thena all bickered about how they got to hear your voice before everyone else and how special they are.

makkari sat beside you.

"i wish i could've heard your voice like everyone else" she signed. you frowned at her. upset for her that she's always left out.

"the future might have technology to make you hear, makkari. i'm sure of it" you signed back. she smiled and nodded.

"y/n!" gilgamesh abruptly grabbed your shoulders and shook you, startling you. "can you say another sentence, please just one" he said. the big man begged. all you could do was stare back at him with wide eyes.

"you're scaring her" thenas calm voice cooed as she placed a hand on his shoulder. his grip loosened.

"i don't get scared" you fought back a smirk as you looked up at thena. that was a lie, however, and druig knew so.

he knew all your fears and flaws.

"see, be calm and she'll respond" thena said as she gave you a warm smile. you looked up at gilgamesh who was absolutely flabbergasted. he turned around to the other eternals while pointing at you.

"she speaks" he smiled. the smile soon turned into laughter as he hugged you tightly amd lifted your from the ground. "she speaks!" he yelled.

"gilgamesh" ikaris spoke and gilgamesh squeezed you tighter. "gilgamesh you're crushing her" ikaris kept a straight face. gilgamesh paused and look at your squished up face.

"oh" he said as he let go of you, letting you fall to the ground with a thud and a grunt. "sorry she's just so squishy. a very squishable person. nice and soft" he hopelessly said. it was a new word he had learnt.

"ouch" you grumbled as you picked yourself back up.

"perfect squash" gilgamesh leaned down and poked your forehead. a proud smile on his face as he straightened back up. rather then helping you stand up.

"he forgets he is huge sometimes" phastos scoffed as he walked past you. druig gave you a hand to held you stand to your feet again.

"you okay?" he asked quietly.

"druig, i fight deviants everyday. and you're worried that gilgamesh dropped me like, what, two feet?" you laughed a little.

"oh, right" he nodded and flashed you a smile.

his concern was adorable to you. something you truly admired about him.