chapter 19

──────────────────✧・゚: *✧・゚:*──────────────────

──────────────────
✧・゚: *✧・゚:*
──────────────────

PRESENT DAY
THE EMERGENCE

sersi was up on the cliff, avoiding the hot rocks as they fell from the sky.

she ran and jumped over the cracks of exposed lava.

"sersi!" the familiar voice called for her. sersi looked up to see ajak standing on a rock. "you're not powerful enough to do this. and you won't. you're not a killer" ajak spoke sternly.

"maybe i've changed" sersi shrugged. "and is this really who you are, sprite? are you really willing to let everyone on this planet die?" sersi smirked. but her smirk was wiped off her face when a blade protruded into her back. out through her stomach.

ajak disappeared as sprite appeared behind sersi. holding the blade.

"im sorry, sersi" sprite said as she let go of the blade. sersis breath shook and she dropped to her knees. "i've always envied you sersi. you, and y/n. cause you guys get to live as one of them. and i never could. you know why i hated living with humans? because they reminded me of things i didn't even know i wanted. because of them, now i wanna know what it feels like to grow up. to fall in love. to have a family. and to know, in the end, i've lived" sprite said. she crossed her arms out and created an illusion of many more volcanos behind her.

sersi backed up. i'm shock. "it's all over now. we get to start somewhere new" sprite said as a tear fell down her cheek. but suddenly, something hit her on the back of the head, knocking her out cold.

druig straightened up and looked to sersi. "well that was, very moving" he sarcastically nodded as he threw the rock behind him.

"druig" sersi said. druig extended an arm out for her to take. he helped her up.

"where's y/n?" he asked. there was a roaring noise heard in the sky.

"avenging you. she thinks you're dead" sersi pointed to the sky. druig looked up and saw ikaris flying away as y/n chased him. druig smirked proudly. but quickly remembered the current events and looked back to sersi.

"i cant do this. i promised her, and i can't break another promise. cause, i'm afraid this time i'll lose her for good. this is your fight now, sersi" druig said. she nodded as she turned the blade impaled in her, into water.

"just, don't distract her. stay out of her way. stay here" sersi said as her and druig looked back up to see y/n and ikaris fighting in the sky.

"i couldn't possibly dream of stopping her from killing him" druig smiled at the sight of y/n throwing flames at ikaris and throwing him around im the air.

below you. you were unaware of the ground shaking.
you had a grip on ikaris' face and elbow as you dragged him through the sky.

but you caught a glimpse of a golden lump emerging from the ocean. you and ikaris paused to look at it.