5

The next morning, around 10 o'clock, I woke up. I didn't really oversleep; this is actually very early when I don't have to go to work. Before going out, I walk to the bathroom to clean myself up. I had just stepped out of the room when I heard Ding's voice from the living room. What on earth is he doing here? I hurried downstairs to find Lola and Ding seated in the living room with Regina and Nathan. Please, Lord, have mercy.

Regina smiled at me and said, "Good morning." I couldn't help but smile back.

"Ate, you're quite shameless to sleep for so long in someone else's house," Ding says, and I swear I just wanted to raise my middle finger if Regina and Lola weren't there.

"Ding, it's very early... Did you get your weekly allowance?" I blackmail him.

"Ate Regina, do you know she still pees in her sleep?" Ding interjects, making my eyes widen.

"That is a huge huge lie!" I exclaimed with such passion that it came across as far too defensive. "Lola, we don't tolerate lies, right?" I tried to persuade her, but she was too preoccupied with Nathan.

"Narda.." Regina calls out to me, and she nods her head while tapping the space beside her.

"Don't believe that little psycho," I said, pointing to Ding, who was sheepishly smiling.

"I don't mind if you still pee in your sleep... I have so many diapers, you can share with Nathan," she said, making my brow furrow as she laughed alongside Ding. I continue to scowl as I sit next to Regina and maintain some distance between the two of us. "I'm kidding," she said, grabbing my arm and pulling me closer to her.

"What are you guys doing here in the first place?" I ask, my brow still furrowed.

"I cooked some food for the three of you because I heard about what happened last night and Regina isn't exactly a stranger to the family, especially since you've been talking about her a lot."

"Lola, have you ever tried practicing keeping your mouth shut or something?" I asked as politely as I could.

Regina states, "I hope only good things."

"Mostly because of how pretty you are, how good you smell, how funny you are-"

"I'm leaving, thank you so much for keeping my secrets," I said as I stood up, but Regina grabbed my hand and pulled me back down to sit.

"By the way, were you two together last night? I didn't realize Narda was dating you already," Lola delves deeper, widening my eyes for the nth time today.

"We weren't together last night!" I protested, while Regina chuckled beside me. She's been a huge help.

"Ding said you're dating already... I'm not against it as long as you two are happy, and there's this little cute boy right here," she clarified.

"Ding, I'll kill you," I threatened Ding, who was just smiling broadly.

"We're not really dating... yet," Regina clarifies. Yet, what is she trying to say?

"Yet?" I ask almost quietly. I just realized she's still holding my hand.

"I don't mean to put you in a tight spot, but I mean what I said last night," Regina says.

"Did something happen last night?" Ding interjects.

"I mean, I'm not going anywhere; if you choose that path, I'll be here," Regina says. I'm not sure why those words brought me such comfort. I mean, many people in our society expect us to do certain things at a certain age. People are currently asking why I am not married or why I do not have my own family. If I settle down quickly with someone I don't know, I feel like I'm locking myself up from freedom. Regina, on the other hand, I was her friend for years before we stopped communicating... However, she is one of the few people I know like the back of my hand. I know her far too well, and she knows me just as well. Regina and I briefly stared at each other before Nathan crawled towards me. I then turned my attention away from Regina and picked up the little guy.

"Good morning," I said, and he immediately smiled as if I am no longer a stranger. "Look at those teeth.. do you want to try it on your mom again?" I asked, earning a pinch from Regina, making me flinch. I bring Nathan closer to kiss his fluffy cheeks. I'm not sure if Nathan has his mother's scent or Regina has her kid's scent at this point.

"Ate, you used to make kids cry when their moms weren't looking," Ding recalls.

"Ding, I swear I'm about to kick you out," I said as I placed Nathan on my lap. Ali arrived from nowhere before Ding could say anything.

"Oh, I have to go to work," Regina says. It's no surprise she's dressed up so early.

"Shouldn't you rest today, dear?" Lola worries.

"Ali and the other might resent me if I put all of my work on their shoulders," Regina jokes.

"She's just a workaholic," Ali claims.

"Will you bring Nathan?" I ask.

"I don't usually bring him because he doesn't like staying in my office for a long time," Regina says, subliminally holding my arm.

"Will you be going to work today, Narda?" Lola speaks up, causing me to shake my head as I bounce Nathan to play with him a little.

"All right, stay with them for now, and I'll go pack some of your clothes and send them here; you don't mind having Narda, right?"

"She can stay as a friend or more than that , I don't mind," Regina teases me.

"Lola, do you not love me anymore? Why are you kicking me out of our house? I am still your baby, right? Kick out Ding instead" I exclaimed dramatically.

"Ate, you are no longer Lola's baby... She is kicking you out so you can have your own baby," Ding elaborates.

"Regina, could you please hold Nathan for a moment? I need to bury someone alive," I asked, but Regina just chuckled and shrugged.  I am dead serious.

"I'm leaving first.." Regina says to Lola. "Please stay here longer if you want.. I'm sorry for leaving first." She leaned over and hugged both her and Ding. "Don't tease your sister too much, Ding," she said, and I immediately stuck out my tongue to tease Ding back. When I turn to look at my side, Ali is staring at me and Nathan.

"You look like someone," he remarks.

"Who?"

"Nathan's other mom," he said as he walked away, avoiding any response or reaction from me.

"Regina, do you intend to fire Ali? I recommend you do so... it might be for the best," I said, and she probably heard him because she just smiled and giggled.

"I'll see you later, my little smart cookie," she said, leaning in to kiss Nathan. "I'll see you later?" she asks, her gaze shifting to mine.

"I'm getting kicked out, so... that's a yes," I joked, making her smile as she placed her hand on the side of my face for a few seconds while maintaining eye contact.

"Thank you," she said before pulling her hand away and walking away. Have I mentioned that I'm gay? And what she just did wasn't exactly safe for my heart.