13

So I wasn't expecting Lola and Ding to drop by while I was taking a shower when we got home. I went downstairs and saw Lola carrying Nathan, who had just gotten out of the bath. Regina quickly bathed him because he was also very sweaty and sticky. Ding is on the couch with Ali, playing mobile games. There are at least five different dishes on the table. I'm guessing Lola cooked everything.

"You didn't have to... but thank you very much," Regina says, clutching Lola's arm.

"You'll be gone for a couple of weeks... I'd like to cook something for you before you leave," she explained.

"Thank you," Regina says again, "let's all eat first, then I'll check my luggage one last time before heading to the airport."

"Ding and I will accompany you so that we can send you off and also assist Narda with Nathan on the way back."

"You two are welcome to stay here," Regina says.

"It's too much work for your maids... why don't you give them a vacation while you're away?" Lola suggested.

"I was planning on sending some of them home.. but I think three of them are fine with staying," she explains, prompting Lola to nod. "I'll just change clothes.. Narda, will you please come for a bit?" she asks, holding my arm. We walk upstairs to our room, and she searches the cabinet for something to wear.

"You remembered what I thought you?" she asks, and I nod. She spent the entire week weeks leading to her departure teaching me how to bathe Nathan, change his diapers and clothes, and locate all necessities.

"I feel like I'll just black out once I'm already doing it," I said as I shut the door because she was going to change.

"Call me if you're confused about anything," she said as I walked to the side as she stripped off her clothes to change. I'm gay, and I don't want to die because of that sight.

"Do you have your sleeping pills?" I ask, knowing that she occasionally suffers from insomnia and that she does take sleeping pills.

"Yup," she says. "Narda, are you worried?" she asks.

"With?"

"Looking after Nathan alone"

"Yeah... I'm not sure if I'll do well," I admitted.

To be honest, I have no idea what I'm feeling right now. I'm almost uneasy. Regina just being there and helping me with Nathan may have become routine for me  or even just her presence when I got home from work. Is there much that has changed in the time we've spent together? I honestly don't feel pressured to feel as if I should love her romantically. Regina just doesn't push me to feel things, if she and Nathan are giving me something to feel right now... That is most likely contentment and happiness. I always wonder if I'm being too slow to like Regina romantically, but whenever I open up to Ali, Mara, or Brian, they always say the same thing. I have many years ahead of me to learn more about Regina and fall safely into the feeling of falling in love. I used to like Regina romantically, but that was in high school. I liked her because she is very attractive, but she has one flaw: her attitude. That's why I'll never compare about my infatuation on Regina in high school to how things are currently... You wouldn't marry and claim to be in love just because they're attractive. I'm just grateful to be doing this with someone as understanding as Regina. Since she had already finished getting dressed, I seized the opportunity to turn in her direction when I heard her footsteps.

"I believe you can... if you can handle my hot-tempered ass, you can certainly handle a mini version who is more giggly than I am," she said, making me smile. See? She just knows what to say everytime.

After a brief moment of silence, I heard my phone ring making me look down. There's a call from my colleague. Even if Regina isn't asking, I turn my phone around to show her.