9

"Aren't you the cutest little boy?" I exclaimed as I carried Nathan. He has both hands on my face, lightly slapping it with a smile on his face. I believe he now likes me more than his own mother. "Will you even miss me later?" I asked, trying to appear sad, but Nathan just smiled broadly.

"You are aware that he has already begun walking, right?" I turned around to see Regina walking in her office attire. She always looks gorgeous.

"What? I've been carrying him every day because I thought he could only crawl," I said, making Regina laugh.

"He still likes to be carried, but I'm already telling you so you don't get fooled by that little guy," she said, putting her heels on.

"My back has been hurting a lot," I said to Nathan as he resumed his baby talk. Regina grabs my arm subliminally again as she tries to put her heels on. We're just waiting for Ali because I have work today as well. Regina usually leaves Nathan at home with the maids or at a nursery while she works, but Lola insisted on allowing Nathan to stay with her if both of us were working. Regina took Nathan from me when Ali arrived so she could buckle him up in his car seat.

"I almost had diarrhea because I ate too much last night," Ali says as I fasten my seatbelt.

"You ate a lot, you and Brian almost ate everything," I commented.

"It was Brian," he said, blaming him.

"I only had three slices; how many did you have?"

"A couple more," he said, without attempting to be specific.

"How many is a couple more?" Regina asked as she fastened her seatbelt as well.

"Around eight," he said slowly as he started to leave the driveway.

"And Narda only had three?" Regina replies firmly.

"But she said she's already full-"

"I'll remember to cut some of your pay this month," Regina says.

"Narda, I'll buy you 5 boxes of pizza," he said, making me laugh at his reaction.

"Right..." I teased him. We eventually come to a halt in front of Lola's house. She ran out of the house to get Nathan.

"Thank you for your time," Regina says politely, smiling warmly at Lola. "We can't go in because of work, I'm so sorry," she explained.

"Don't worry, Regina. Take care of both of you... call me anytime if you want to check on Nathan," she says as I unbuckle Nathan and pass him to Lola. Regina also grabbed his bag and handed it to her. "I also prepared lunch for both of you," she said as Ding walks out of the house with two bags for each of us. He take Nathan's bag from Lola to help her.

"Thank you, Nathan, don't give Lola a headache," Regina says, waving at her child. Ali drives away after they've entered. They drop me off first because my workplace is closer. Regina was on a business call when I got off, but she made sure to put her phone away for a few moment to say goodbye. I appreciate her doing so.

I work in real estate, so I'm either in the office conducting client interviews or out checking out properties for our clients. I've been stuck in the office lately, either doing paperwork or interviewing. Brian also works in the same department as me, so I see him all the time.

I received a text from Regina around noon about what we discussed last night. She stated that Ali told her about it and that she wanted to hear from me to make sure that I am completely fine with it and that I am not being pressured to do so.

"I have some important news for you, Nards," Brian said in the middle of our work. I raised my brows at him, anticipating it.

"What?"

"I'm so handsome," he says, so I grab the stack of papers on my side and hit him on the head with it. "Ah! What's your problem?" he asked, taking a step back and holding the side of his head.

"I suddenly had the urge to go to HR to report someone," I said, prompting Brian to turn around and return to his own desk. He is just very random most of the time.

After finishing some papers, I felt tempted to look up Regina's company online. I'm not sure, I didn't know much about her company. I'm just not as familiar with companies, so I probably haven't heard of it, and I don't drink wine very often. There are some articles about her company online, most of which emphasize how successful it is. C laiming to be self-made and having started from the ground up.  There are loads of pictures of Regina because there are tabloids that praises her beauty. Ali isn't wrong; she's like one of those bachelors that everyone wants. It's understandable given her attractiveness.

"Already your wife and still stalking her? Damn Custodio, don't tell me you fell in love that quickly?" I didn't even have to look back because I knew that annoying voice was coming from Brian.

"I'm just checking... I know nothing about her company," I said, closing the tab so Brian wouldn't tease me. "Plus, I haven't signed anything yet or even had a wedding, so technically not a wife yet," I clarified.

"Will you have a wedding?" he ponders.

"Is same-sex marriage even legal in this country? No," I replied.

"So you're not getting married?" he questions.

"I'll settle down with them; if Regina wants to marry, I don't mind," I said as I arranged the papers on my desk.

"Do you want to have a wedding?" he delves deeper.

"I don't think we're in any hurry anyway... I'll leave it to Regina," I explained.

"You know what? When I dropped by your house yesterday to go with Ding, Lola Berta told me that she believes feelings can change between the two of you, so she's willing to wait for a wedding ceremony."

"We'll have to wait and see." I said