15

After that day of helping the employees, Ali informed me that they were still heavily reprimanded. Regina is a strict boss, but that's because she doesn't want them to think lightly of her as a boss. She dislikes tardiness, especially if it has a negative impact on other employees and the company.

Regina has been in France for two weeks. Mara returned last week, complaining that it was too short and that she wished she could work there forever.

When I saw Nathan awake in his crib, I said, "Hello, good morning, little kid." When he sees me, he immediately smiles and begins doing his baby talk as if I understand everything. "Are you in a good mood today?" I ask, lifting him from his crib and kissing his cheeks. "Could've given your mom a little bit of your bubbliness," I joked, making myself laugh. I lift him up higher to smell his diaper, and there is no foul smell in there.

Brian texted me today to say he'll take Nathan to the park. He certainly enjoys playing with him, but... His main reason was that he wanted to play with the kids at the park yesterday, but they wouldn't let him because he's all grown up. He's now using Nathan in order to include him in the game.

I took Nathan downstairs first so we could eat breakfast. Then I took him upstairs for a quick warm bath before dressing him. When one of Brian and I's colleague learned that I now have a child, she started chatting with me on a regular basis. She also has one, and she keeps telling me that her child is constantly crying and throwing tantrums. I'm just glad Nathan is calm and only cries when he's too tired, hungry, or something feels uncomfortable. While I was preparing him, one of the maids packed some of his necessities in a bag for Brian, Mara, and Ding to take with them. I was supposed to accompany them, but I also need to rest after a week of hard work.

I walk downstairs just as Ding, Mara, and Brian walk in. Brian and Mara continued to come here on Saturday to just hang out. Mara acts as if she doesn't have a husband to spend weekends with.

"Good morning, little boss!" said Brian. They always do that, ignore the mother, unless it's Regina, and just greet the child.

"Good morning, Nathan!" Mara said, as Ding dashed towards us to take Nathan from me.

"When are you going to return?" I ask.

"Well, it's early, but probably lunchtime or until 3 p.m.," Brian responds.

"I swear if you bring my baby back with a wound, I'm going to punch Brian in the face," I said.

"All right then, it's just Brian's face, no big deal," Mara says as Brian furrows his brows and takes the bag from the maid.

"I mean, you can deal with Nathan's other mother if you want," I explained to Mara.

"Of course, we'll bring Nathan back in great shape. I'm not going to let a single kid bump him. I'm not going to let a single sweat drop on his face. In fact, I'm going back home to uninstall our AC so I can bring it out with us so Nathan doesn't shed a single sweat," she says nervously, making me laugh as well. She's really extra.

"Ate, we'll leave now; call us if you need anything," Ding says as I wave to Nathan. He knows all three of them, especially Ding, because he spends so much time at our house during weekdays. My phone rang when they left, and I answered it right away when I saw Regina's name.

"Hey, they just left." I did tell her that they were going to take Nathan out.

"Oh, okay.. well, Narda, I called to tell you about something, and I just checked my schedule right now," she explained.

"All right, go ahead."

"I won't be home for Nathan's birthday," she said, making me sigh.

"Why?"