16

"Are you sulking because Regina isn't here?" Today is Nathan's birthday. Regina's three-week stay in France has now lasted two months. Regina did make it clear that she would not be able to return home as planned. They have so much work that her three weeks cannot be followed.

"No," I replied truthfully. I mean, I've been thinking about it for a long time. I can't be mad at Regina for going to work, can I? I work every day as well; the only difference is that she is busier and in a different country.

"Then why have you been pouting there for so long?" Brian inquired, as Ding approached us to retrieve his plate of food from the coffee table.

"Nathan has a new favorite word," Ding says, causing me to roll my eyes.

"Really? He's been doing his baby talk a lot these last few weeks," Brian responds.

"That's why Ate's sulking," Ding explains.

"Isn't that great? Little boss is learning to speak dumbass," he said to me.

"Not only that, but he's learning to call his parent," Ding adds.

"Isn't that wonderful news?" Brian asks.

"A good news? when he keeps repeating mommy?" I exclaimed dramatically. "I have been taking care of him for 2 months Brian, and I talk to him more than his mommy." He only communicates with Regina via facetime, but he calls Regina more often than Mama. Ding and Brian try to keep their laughter to themselves, but I can clearly hear it.

"Narda is the only parent who sulks after her child; I thought it was the other way around," Brian says, and I immediately lift my feet up to kick him off the couch, causing him to fall. "What the fuck?" he exclaimed as he stood up to walk towards the kitchen. "Lola Berta, Narda kicked me!" he shouts like a child. It's no surprise that his girl isn't ready to settle down with him just yet.

"Ate, did Ate Regina already greet Nathan?" Ding asks, taking the empty space beside me.

"She did text me this morning, but the signal isn't good there, so she can't hold a phone call or respond quickly."

"Are you still not taking me with you?" he asks.

"No, you stay with Lola," I said, so tonight, after Nathan's entire birthday party, I decided to take Nathan to her mom. I was on the phone with Ali about two weeks ago. He told me that after Africa, they'll fly back to Manila and stay for at least two to three days for Nathan before returning to France. I told him it was a waste of money and time. He stated that money isn't a problem for a CEO, but time is, and Regina is willing to squeeze in some days for Nathan. So I proposed taking a week off from work to take Nathan to France instead.

It was supposed to be a surprise, but Ali said he couldn't come up with an excuse to change their flight from Manila to France. So we just told Regina our plans in the end. When I told her about it the other day while we were on face time, she remained silent for a few minutes while pouting at me. I kept asking her why, and all she said was how much she appreciates me.

"Will you bring me next time?" Ding inquires.

"Tickets are expensive, but sure.. I'll bring you and Lola for vacation," I said, making Ding smile and give me a thumbs up.

"But, honestly, that should be a no-brainer because Ate Regina is filthy rich and money shouldn't be an issue," Ding says.

"Ding, you know I didn't marry Regina for her money, right?"

"I know, I'm just saying that now that she's your wife, I don't think she minds spending a little money just so we can see her or hang out in another country," Ding responds.