14

I was at work all day the first day Regina wasn't here, and when I went to pick up Nathan, I just decided to sleep at Lola's house. I'm not sure, I just feel like I can't sleep at home. Due to the fact that the second and third days fell on a weekend, Lola and Ding chose to stay at our home. It also gave me the opportunity to go around the house. Ding has discovered a lake just a few minutes away from our house. I rarely go out, so this is a completely new information for me. I'll always text Regina, but I'll never bombard her with texts or phone calls because she's there for work. Because Regina was unavailable on Sunday, I was able to speak with Ali. I'm concerned by his statement. He said Regina's schedule was too packed every day because she only wanted to spend three weeks, but he said it might be impossible. He told me that before Nathan was born, which was only a year ago. Regina used to spend no more than three years in France before returning home. He stated that their main source of production is in France, making their branch there much busier. It's almost as if their branch there is their headquarters. Though Ali informed me that it is still something they are working on, and Regina will undoubtedly inform me of any changes in her schedule.

"Nards! Did you bring your car?" Brian questioned as he grabbed his bag.

"You wanted to ask Lola to cook for you again?" I ask.

"I literally don't just ask for food! I also play with the little boss!" he said defensively as we exited the building.

"Sure.. "

"You seem depressed... are you missing your wife?" he teased.

"Why? Are you jealous that you're the only one of the three of us who hasn't settled down?"

"Foul!!" he exclaimed, as if he hadn't started it. "I was just curious."

"I was just asking, too— hold on," I said when I saw Regina calling.

"I'm leaving, I have my car with me, will see you there," he said as he walked away, waving.

"Hey," I said as I made my way to the car.

"Hello... are you at work?" she asks.

"I'm on my way back to fetch Nathan," I explained.

"Can I ask a favor? I have a saved file on my office computer, and my employees are off-limits, so... Can you go there and send it to me?" she asks as I climb into the car.

"Well, sure, but I'm not an employee, am I?" I chuckle.

"I believe most of my employees recognize you as my wife anyway," she said as I shut my car door.

"Right... any computer passwords I should know? Or a different computer wallpaper that isn't me?" I joked, making her laugh on the other end of the line.

"Perhaps you'll just find a folder full of my wife's pictures."

"Oh? Regina quite creepy era?" I asked, making her laugh again.

"No, I don't have one on my office computer; however, I may have some photos of you on my phone."

"I'm guessing one suitable for a meme?"

"One suitable for my lockscreen," she said which made me shut up and smile like a teenager. "OK, I'm guessing you're having your silent gay panic right now," she laughed.

"Stop Regina, how old are we? 17?"

"You started it... anyway, drive safely; no need to rush, okay?"

"Alright... bye bye," I said as she hung up the phone. I drive to her company, and she also sent me a screenshot of her lockscreen, and she wasn't joking when she said it was me. Regina whipped era, I'm guessing.