Chapter 20

Kirill was astonished when the trio trudged inside and started taking off their winter clothes. "What happened!"

"Major car accident," explained Raphael. "Your big bro saved our lives and helped others today."

"So did you guys. Gram did a great job driving and helping out, and Raphael helped me staunch another crash victim's wounds on his chest and thighs."

Kirill stared at the three with wide eyes. "Huh? Car accident? Were you guys hurt?"

Mikael shook his head. "We're all well and whole, thank goodness. And thank you for worrying about us."

Kirill nodded, following Mikael into the kitchen. He grimaced when he saw the dried, smeared blood on Mikael's hands. Alongside Raphael, the teen had tried to use a little snow and a napkin to wipe off some of it. Unfortunately, it had just left a streaky, spotty mess.

Kirill turned around and tilted his head back to look up at Gram. "Big guy!"

Gram chuckled. "Hey, I'm Gram Wright."

Kirill's dark blue eyes lit up. "Kael's best friend!"

Gram grinned. "Yup!" he quietly exclaimed, then leaned over to look at Mikael's face. "You talked about me?"

"Clearly," murmured Raphael, gently nudging his boyfriend to the side so he could get at the sink, too.

Gram pouted. "You didn't?"

"Oh, he did. His greatest friend and annoyance," explained Kirill with a grin.

Raphael clicked his tongue when Gram aww'd and hugged him. "Same to you, Sullivan!"

Raphael rolled his eyes and sighed, but Mikael could clearly see the smile on his boyfriend's face. He quickly finished washing the blood off his hands and then dried them with a paper towel to make sure, then he kissed Raphael's cheek, hugged Kirill, and led Gram to the guest bathroom.

"I don't think we have anything that fits you in this house, but maybe some of my papa's oversized clothing might be about right." he said, patting Gram's back. "Feel free to take a shower if you want to warm up. There is shampoo and stuff under the sink, and I can get you a towel."

Gram's hand landed on Mikael's head, so the shorter teen looked up at his best friend. "Are you okay?"

"Not really. But is it really okay for me to shower?"

"Of course. I just need to gather the towel and clothes for you. We don't have any extra unused underwear, but I can throw yours into the laundry with our stuff. What size are you in pajama tops and bottoms?"

Gram smiled and petted Mikael's head. "Extra-large for the top, but I'll need the next size up if it's not somewhat stretchy. A large fits pretty well for pajama pants."

"I'll see what I can find. Thank you."

"No, thank you, Mikael." he whispered, then gave the shorter teen a tight hug. "Thank you so much for today and being my best friend. You're literally my platonic soulmate."

Mikael didn't laugh because he felt similarly as he hugged Gram back. "You made me feel at home in this city the instant we became friends. I think of you as family, Gram. And I can promise you, that is quite a high position to attain in my life."

"Higher than Sullivan?"

Mikael glared at Gram, then laughed when the taller teen did. Gram ruffled Mikael's light blond, silvery curls and then hugged him again. "I'm joking, of course. You guys are so precious to me, and especially you as my bestie. I'm so glad my sister annoyed you on day one."