Epilogue

"Oh, so the scene will take a bit longer?"

"Yeah, sorry..."

Kirill sighed aloud. "Okay, Kael. Nothing you can do about it, I guess."

"We'll be with you as soon as the director gives the okay."

"Mm," mumbled Kirill. "Bye."

The call ended and Mikael felt terrible for making Kirill sad. But he and Raphael actually had a surprise for their little brother, whose eighteenth birthday was that very day.

"Was he disappointed?" asked Raphael.

Mikael nodded. "I feel awful, but I think he's going to feel so much better when he realizes it was all a ruse."

Raphael snorted and pecked Mikael's lips. "Sure, Mika."

They locked hands, then Raphael lifted Mikael's left one and kissed the special wedding band that matched with his own. The lovebirds had gotten married a year after they graduated from high school. Gram was their shared best man and Charm was Mikael's "bridesmaid."

Gram couldn't stop crying during the service, which apparently made his family really embarrassed when they found out. Anton had teared up a little, but Annika had done a loud wolf whistle for the pair during the kiss to seal the "deal," so to speak. Kirill was really happy, although too shy to watch his idol and his big brother kiss each other in public.

Raphael had invited the little ones who used to be his siblings and their loving families to the wedding, so he had received smiles and congratulations from them. Mikael knew his boyfriend had been incredibly happy from just seeing his former siblings in a happy, safe, and loving environment, which was what he'd always wanted for them. Mikael still looks fondly at their wedding photos with Raphael hugging the little ones, of which all were now either twelve or thirteen years of age.

On the other hand, much to Raphael's horror, Mikael had called Chaos with the given number and invited him and the master to their wedding. Of course, many spewings of curses were delivered into Mikael's ears before he heard the master's laughter in the background. At the time, the young man had no idea whether the surprising pair would attend by the abrupt end of the call but, when the wedding came around, Mikael had glimpsed the master and Chaos leaning side by side on the back wall of the venue.

Although Mikael couldn't thank them for coming because they disappeared before the celebrations started, he was happy that they had at least attended the ceremony. While Chaos was a slightly friendly loose cannon, the master had played a role in helping Mikael overcome his weaknesses and fears of things he could not see. He felt grateful to the older man.

"Mika?"

Mikael blinked, then smiled warmly after his gorgeous husband kissed his right cheek. "Sorry, Ael. I was just thinking about our wedding six years ago."

Raphael chuckled. "That was quite fun, wasn't it? But the one thing that amazes me is that while Chaos and the master dropped in after you invited them, you still stay in contact with those two to this day. I was pretty sure you'd told me that Chaos only wanted you to contact him about a specific kind of job."

"That's correct. But I just feel a strange kinship with Chaos. He's interesting, albeit extremely dangerous. It's similar to the fascination some people feel when handling a deadly animal or plant."

Raphael scoffed, rolling his eyes. "Yeah, except that deadly animal or plant has a psychotic mind and won't hesitate to kill you for no reason at all."

Mikael grimaced, curling his arms over Raphael's shoulders. "Babe, you know Chaos has limits..."