Chapter 23

"Get in, wash up, and clean that fucking wound. The clothes have been prepared ahead of time."

Mikael tugged Raphael forward before the man could shove them inside. "How long are we going to be here?" he asked, just as the door slammed shut. "Okay, shit."

"You have twenty minutes." snapped the man, then his footsteps faded down the long concrete hallway.

Raphael hugged Mikael's waist from behind and rested his chin on the older teen's right shoulder. "Mika, what should we do?"

"I don't know. But what I do know is that Mom will be on the case once Gram gets to her. Since we don't even know where we are, I doubt they can find us that easily. We might be here for awhile. At least we're together, though."

Raphael nodded. "I am relieved about that, Mika. How's your head feeling? Does it still hurt?"

Mikael gently prodded the back of his head and winced. "Yes, but it's not bad."

"Let me clean it for you and then we can do what that guy wants."

"Sounds good, babe. We really just have to ride this out and try not to get ourselves killed."

Raphael stepped over to the cabinet above the sink in the square room. The toilet was in a closed off space that had a door, which was handy. Although the toilet and sink were in a different corner from the bed, Mikael was acutely aware that it was just a bigger, slightly altered version of a prison cell. A sudden chill settled into his body and he rubbed his arms as Raphael motioned him over. Mikael turned around and then hissed a moment later as Raphael gently wiped an alcohol pad across his split skin.

"Thanks, Ael." he whispered softly. "I'm sorry that you have to be in this mess with me, but at the same time I feel so relieved."

"You're mine, Mika, and I'm yours. It's a given we have to go through shit together, but I never expected getting kidnapped with you would be one of those 'tough experiences'." Raphael pressed a kiss to Mikael's nape, then hugged him tightly. "Let's get through this together, baby."

"Mhm," hummed Mikael, then turned around to hug his precious beloved. "I love you."

"I love you too, Mika. Gimme a kiss, then we have to get a move on."

Mikael giggled and pecked Raphael's scarred lips, then licked them and pressed his tongue in to tease his boyfriend the way he liked it. Raphael groaned and growled, gripping Mikael's ass to pull him closer. Mikael hugged his boyfriend's chest and shoulder blades, then sank into submission as Raphael took the lead and even rubbed his fingers farther down.

"Mm, Ael..." he moaned, then the pair jumped when a loud clang echoed down the hallway. "Okay, maybe that's enough for now."

Raphael chuckled dryly. "Yeah, I agree. But I want more later."

"Me too, babe."

Mikael quickly washed his face at the sink and noticed the bruising on the sides of his neck from where the silver-haired psycho's fingers had gripped him. He blew out a breath and then dried his hands, letting Raphael do the same as he ventured towards the two neat stacks of clothing.

"How do they know our sizes?" asked Mikael, eyeing the sneakers that looked like they would be a perfect fit.

"Like I know, Mika."

Mikael huffed and crossed his arms. "It's freaking cold in here. Why the fuck would I undress to get redressed in these clothes that would only serve to make a small family of field mice warm in the winter?"

Raphael burst into laughter as he walked up to Mikael's left side, plucking at the clothes and looking at his perplexed and annoyed boyfriend. Stunning arctic-blue eyes were focused on the clothing.