Chapter 5

I placed the food down and managed to find some cutlery for us to use. I took a bite and was shocked at how well it had turned out. "If this is bad, than how good is 'good' by your standards" Daniel joked.
I chuckled at Daniels comment "No, it's much better than I thought I it'd be, it's not the best, but it's not the worse, it's more a normal result" I said, my face going hot from embarrassment
"Well it's better than mine, I can assure you of that" Daniel said before taking another mouthful.

Daniel left shortly after for his first day of work at the Times. I on the other hand got out a notebook and a pen for the furniture shopping.

______________

I got to a store that had some furniture. I tried to remember some of the things that were in Daniels childhood home, although I hadn't paid that much attention since I knew Daniels parents had not really liked me, and I had kept my head down.

I went into the store and found some furniture that I thought Daniel might like, some of them reminded me of me of my own home, others were something that I thought Daniel might like.

After quite a while, I got some money that I had saved up and the Whitestones had given me. I knew that it won't be lots, but hopefully enough that I could get enough food to make some meals. I put the food in the respective places.

Daniel came home a few hours later "How was your evening?" He asked
"Pretty boring. I've been reading all afternoon. I did some shopping and I've got a list of furniture that you might like, some of it are things that remind me of my old house, the rest are somethings that I thought you might like. I admit I don't remember your parents' house that well, but I hope that I made the right choice" I explained, Daniel nodded.

"May I see what you have written down?" He asked, I nodded and gave it to him. He read though the list and nodded "I see what you mean. There are some things that I like. And I'm rather surprised that it's so cheap, more so that you wrote the prices on the side" Daniel said.

I laughed at his comment "Well, I figured that you'd like to know the prices, it could also help with finding out how much money we'll spend" I explained, Daniel nodded.
"Fair enough, it sounds very much like you" Daniel said with a small laugh.

"Since it's not that late, do you want to go and check it out?" Daniel offered.
I thought for a second "I was thinking on making dinner, but what I'm planning to make shouldn't take long...." I did some math "I guess if we just pop in and take a quick look, we should be able to eat before 7 or 8" I said. Daniel nodded "In that case, why don't we get going?" He asked with his handsome lopsided grin that I loved so much.

"I'll need to get changed quickly, it's not the best thing for going out" I muttered under my breath.
"There's no need, you look presentable, I'm sure no one would think otherwise" Daniel said. I wanted to argue that this isn't Germany, and that people are expected to look more proper in England, and it doesn't help that I'm near adulthood and need to start dressing more mature, after all, I'm turning 19 tomorrow, although, my false ID says that my birthday is 18/02/1915, while my real birthday is 21/07/1914.

"I'm almost 19, I'm a legal adult, even with my false ID, it states that I'm 18, so I need to dress more respectable than I have in the past" I stated, trying to prove my point.
Daniel chuckled "If it gives you comfort, but no one would notice, you are that close to adulthood and teenagerhood, people wouldn't know any better" He sighed. I nodded and went to his- our room.

I found a button up dark rose red dress that brushed my knees, it had short sleeves, and the buttons went to my collar bone and had a small collar. I matched it with a black rose elbow length coat that cut mid torso, and dark rose belt with a gold buckle. I'll admit it wasn't something that younger me would picture I'd wear, but it fits modern standards. I wore black heals, but it wasn't anything I wasn't used to wearing when I was still Hitlers little pet.
I kept my hair out let it brush my shoulders until I could tie it up.